Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thinking, when I go to replace my head unit and speakers - are any of the clifford alarm wires likely to be wired into the 12V on the head unit or anything?

Just got a night mare of me unpluging the japcore head unit and the alarm crapping itself :p

I had a look and it dosnt look like its wired to the battery or anything, must get its power from somewhere... hmmmmmmm

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ha yeah good point. Hopefully it will be ok to rip out the old head unit and speaker wires then as it's all going :p

·
Registered
781 Posts
like DWMARK says, if someone has wired it into the headunit for anything, i would strongley sujest getting the whole lot checked by a proffessional alarm fitter as this could indeed be the tell tell signs of a complete muppet fit!!!!

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, will do.

Also disconnecting and reconnecting the battery - this wont trigger the alarm if the car is disarmed, will it? Will it reset anything within the alarm?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.