Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thinking, when I go to replace my head unit and speakers - are any of the clifford alarm wires likely to be wired into the 12V on the head unit or anything?

Just got a night mare of me unpluging the japcore head unit and the alarm crapping itself :p

I had a look and it dosnt look like its wired to the battery or anything, must get its power from somewhere... hmmmmmmm

·
Registered
26 Posts
Unless it was fitted by a monkey, You will probably never beable to see where it takes its powers from, AS if it was that obvious, All car thieves would be millionaires!!

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ha yeah good point. Hopefully it will be ok to rip out the old head unit and speaker wires then as it's all going :p

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers mate :)

if not i'll find out the hard way anyway hehe

·
Registered
781 Posts
like DWMARK says, if someone has wired it into the headunit for anything, i would strongley sujest getting the whole lot checked by a proffessional alarm fitter as this could indeed be the tell tell signs of a complete muppet fit!!!!

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, will do.

Also disconnecting and reconnecting the battery - this wont trigger the alarm if the car is disarmed, will it? Will it reset anything within the alarm?

·
Registered
781 Posts
if the alarm is disarmed then it wont go off when your remove the battery. but clifford alarms have a memory chip that remembers what state the alarm was in before power was removed

·
Registered
475 Posts
Yeah, will do.

Also disconnecting and reconnecting the battery - this wont trigger the alarm if the car is disarmed, will it? Will it reset anything within the alarm?

With clifford alarms it is always recomended that that the alram is put in valet mode before disconecting the battery

1 - 9 of 9 Posts