Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
250+ Horses and 1 Jocky!
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could offer some advise on the Clifford Alarm (I believe to be the MK1) on the car. I've only got my Skyline R33 GTS-T (Tuesday 12th) love the car :) but have already run into a problem where I had set the alarm but now the driver door will not open?

The passenger door is fine but I am unable to open the door either from the inside or out? I've tried re-setting the alarm by pressing the top right button on the key fob (pad lock symbol), get the 4 beeps then opening again but the door remains locked.

Does anyone have the same alarm system with a .PDF manual or could offer advise how to perhaps fix the issue?

I'm unsure what all the buttons represent (Accept the obvious ones)

Top left "*"
Top Right "pad lock"
Bottom Left "**"
Bottom Right "Boot" (Doesn't seem to do anything)
Bottom Centre "CLIFFORD" (Doesn't seem to do anything)

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

·
East Ireland Area Rep
6,712 Posts
shouldnt be getting 4 beeps

1 beep when unlocking it, 2 when locking it

i guess the alarm had detected something wrong with the circuit and sounds 4 beeps, get to your nearest clifford dealer to fix it

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
If its set up anything like mine,

Top left "*" = Lock/Unlock with no beeps
Top Right "pad lock" = Lock/Unlock with beeps
Bottom Left "**" = Turns on the turbo timer (if installed)
Bottom Right "Boot" Boot pop solenoid if fitted
Bottom Centre "CLIFFORD" Don't know does nothing on mine

Sounds like a rod or cable has come off inside the door if it won't open. Can you physically unlock the car from the inside by pulling the button or will it open with the key?

·
250+ Horses and 1 Jocky!
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Umm perhaps there is an issue with the alarm then?

I have tried opening the door from the inside but to no avail. Have also tried the unlock and lock feature in the car but again nothing. I also tried the key but again nothing :-(

I cant physically open the door at all no matter which way I try..

Seems I may have to try the dukes of hazard entry.

Thanks for the heads up on the "**" button I do have a turbo timer installed :)

Thank you both for your reply.

Dave

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Sounds like a rod or cable has come off inside the door if it won't open. Can you physically unlock the car from the inside by pulling the button or will it open with the key?
If you cant unlock the door from inside id say something has come adrift. pop the door card off and make sure everything is where it should be.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Usually 4 beeps do indicate a problem with the alarm system. But if you can't unlock the door on the key our inside the car I'd sat there is something off/seized/broken inside the door which could be why the alarm beeps 4 times to tell you the solenoid can't move the rod/cable to unlock the door.

When you say you have tried will the button inside move or will the key turn in the lock?

·
250+ Horses and 1 Jocky!
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys for the reply's, appreciate the response.

gtst-chris - The key will turn the lock but nothing happens so I guess by process of elimination something has come undone :-( When using the manual unlock/lock feature in the car the door lock indicator on the inside does move to indicate locked/unlock.

I'll go take the door card off and see if something has come undone... I've not had the car a week yet :-(.... oh well still love it to bits though :)

I'll let you know my findings either way I think I'll need it looked over cause it has always beeped four times so I didn't know anything different. I've managed to download the user manual from the Clifford website too which has advise me what all the buttons do etc.. and the CLIFFORD button is a Shift Key.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
First off I suggest you get shot of the Clifford ASAP this will just be the start of the problems mate trust me.

4 bleeps means the alarm has detected something is not shut ie bonnet boot or door.

The clifford button at the bottom activates the next menu level ie if you have remote start you would have to press it twice to activate it then the * to start the car or to activate the valet mode and so on

There should be a valet switch and a 4 digit code that can be entered to diagnose the problem but in passed experiance the problem is

Clifford

·
250+ Horses and 1 Jocky!
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi j_jskyline79, thanks for the info - I really don't know this system.

I don't know how but I managed to sort the problem. All I did was take out the screw being the door lever and and whilst doing so accidentally locked all the doors - anyways I switch to the open position and pulled the handle and hey presto the door opened...

Still don't understand why or how but its open.

As for the 4 beeps, well thats till happening and the doors, boot and bonnet are definitely closed. I really don't know how to use the key fob properly yet and not 100% sure what the "valet" option is?

I'll read up on the system and get a good idea on its functions etc..

Thanks for your input guys appreciate the advise etc..

·
R33 GTS-T "Godzuki"
1,104 Posts
hi,i have the clifford 650 and sometimes have the same problem,press the button and everything except the driveers dooe opens. think mine is a sticky solenoid cos if i hit the door and press it then the door pops open. the two buttons with stars can be set for whatever you want, remote start,turbo timer,wondow open/close. my turbo timer is actually set on my boot pop button(numpty fitter) and the clifford button is for programming. Sounds like when they were fitting the alarm they id sumfin up a bit tight and you may haveloosened it?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Hi mate, just seen this thread.
I take it you never got the user manual with the document's etc? There was a pack with all the info in there! Also if i remember rightly it alway's beeped 4 time's.........???? Not sure if it was when locking or unlocking though.

·
250+ Horses and 1 Jocky!
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Steve, I wondered if you would say anything lol.. Dan said he would send it to me so hopefully I'll get that in the post soon.

Yeah it beeps 4 times when locking, it beeps once when opening... don't suppose you ever had trouble with the driver door?

Anyways, glad you got in touch - I got in touch with RSP for a stage 1 ECU remap, trouble is I keep wanting to add bits to the car before having it done....

Basically I have 1k+ to spend but want to buy the right bits.. I've already bought a Greddy Profec B Spec II Boost Controller :) (this does not eat into my 1k)

STAINLESS EXHAUST MANIFOLD

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....3839915&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_956

TURBO EXHAUST MANIFOLD

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....3922624&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_956

RSP Skyline Direct Ignition Coilpacks

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....9737512&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_712wt_941

JDM Apexi Power FC L-Jetro + Commander (not 100% sure if I need this though)

SPLITFIRE SUPER DI COIL PACKS SKYLINE RB25DET

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....82709&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_2321wt_1021

Problem is cause this is my first Jap car and I am dubious about eBay products not sure if what I am thinking is the way forward???

When you sold the car am I right saying it had the following:

Full performance exhaust with de-cat
Induction kit
Front mount intercooler
Blitz turbo timer, Blitz blow off valve, Blitz boost gauge
Tein adjustable Suspension

oh and those Subaru seats have to go! I'm 6f5 and sit very awkwardly and need something where I don't feel Im laying down backwards lol...

I might start another thread and see what route people advise...

Speak soon mate and thanks for getting in touch..

Any advise is welcome

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Hi mate, just seen this thread.
I take it you never got the user manual with the document's etc? There was a pack with all the info in there! Also if i remember rightly it alway's beeped 4 time's.........???? Not sure if it was when locking or unlocking though.
Four beeps means somethings not locked mate mine beeps once to lock and twice to unlock

·
Registered
835 Posts
I never had any trouble with the alarm mate, it was on when i got the car and i'm sure it alway's had the 4 beep's, best get it checked to be on the safe side though.
Beware of the dodgy manifold's on ebay as some don't line up with the stud's correctly and seem to have problem's cracking????, as for the power fc and splitfire's i'd say yes go for it mate.
And yeah it had all those mod's when i sold it however when you say FULL performance exhaust, i think the down pipe is still standard.

Open a new project thread mate and get some new pic's up :)
Can't wait to see it again!

Oh and if your selling those seat's let me have 1st dibb's, lol...:)

·
is fast ... :)
410 Posts
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could offer some advise on the Clifford Alarm (I believe to be the MK1) on the car. I've only got my Skyline R33 GTS-T (Tuesday 12th) love the car :) but have already run into a problem where I had set the alarm but now the driver door will not open?

The passenger door is fine but I am unable to open the door either from the inside or out? I've tried re-setting the alarm by pressing the top right button on the key fob (pad lock symbol), get the 4 beeps then opening again but the door remains locked.

Does anyone have the same alarm system with a .PDF manual or could offer advise how to perhaps fix the issue?

I'm unsure what all the buttons represent (Accept the obvious ones)

Top left "*"
Top Right "pad lock"
Bottom Left "**"
Bottom Right "Boot" (Doesn't seem to do anything)
Bottom Centre "CLIFFORD" (Doesn't seem to do anything)

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dave
i got a pdf manual if it help ... i got issues with it to ... my turbo timer stoped working and tried everything from the manual ...

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
4 bleeps means something is not shut closed or locked correctly I think its just doors as 5 bleeps is bonnet and boot or was that for the sensors (carnt remember) according to the alarm anyway. Dosnt mean its not shut however as for example the "pin" on the door might have become two short through vibration but its deffo shut but it still sends the signal back to the clifford that its not because its not broken contact.

The alarm unit itself maybe found in the drivers side footwell. Give the foot well wall a tap as sometimes the unit is temprimental and needs a kick up the arse to wake up.

·
is fast ... :)
410 Posts
Hi Popeye, thats exactly what happens - I guess I better check the sensors or something.... hope its a fairly easy process :-/
check the manual i send you. everything is up there. I am not an alarm fitter so cant help with the technical stuff. i managed to set up everything except the intellistart and turbo timer ... good luck

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.