Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think its about time i thought about getting my car on the rollers with someone that knows their stuff, so can anyone tell me whois the closest tuner too Norwich with good rb20det knowledge??

·
Registered
49 Posts
hello there GTST Lad,

i too live in the area, i know of a couple,
Scole engineering in diss (Jade Motor Company, roundabout on the A140 just before the A143) i get my skyline in a month and will be putting it on the rollers there. they have a GTS type M down there at the moment, replacing the exhaust manifold and are selling an R32 GTR, so they know a bit about the skyline.

if you can wait a month (get mine about the 21st i reckon) we could go down together. a power run is £30 quid.

there is also Autopoint in Thetford, do alot with scoobys i think, and minis. let me know which pne your up for and i can meet you there and have a good thrash on the rollers (and maybe the 140:D )

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello there, nice to know theres some other norfolk skylines out there or soon will be...:D ....i'd be up for a run too scole engineering when yours turns up, a month will be about right hopefully i'll have my new parts fitted by then.

Are you importing yours yourself and the big Q is it standard?.....:D

·
Registered
49 Posts
yep, importing it myself, with some clearance help from rob and andy. i am doing the entrupernurial thing buying in a couple and selling them on to fund an R34, going the show and shine, spotless route with about 450BHP, when i get one

the car that is coming has a de cat exhaust and a nice pod filter, but appart from that it is fairly standard, even the original nissan alloys. it does have a bit of an after market kit on it though and a moma sterring wheel and a boost gauge. i bought a turbo timer for it and it may get the old leaky actuator hose job...hehehe.

i will PM you my e mail and just give me a shout and we can head to scole. i live 10 mins up the road in Harleston.

what tasty bits are going on your mota then

-Reece-

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like you've the right idea....unfortunatly i ran up huge debts as a lad on other cars so the idea is too slowly tune my r32 till i've settled my debt then go for a big scary engine conversion (rb27)....:D ....when money allows in a few years.

I was gonna pm you awhile ago when you put the post regarding the apexi afc 2 in the for sale section..(was me selling it on ebay)..but never got round to it..(forgot).

The scole thing should be a laught, would be good to compare my rb20 to a rb25 on the same dyno....:D

·
Registered
49 Posts
yeah i know hom that is mate. i have actualy just bid on the BOV you have posted to.

when my car gets here i will book us both time on the dyno down there, apparently it is good for 300BHP through the rear wheels on the power run.

do you know anyone else who is up for it in pur area, could post it in the general events section maybe make a day of it. i have seen an R33 GTR about Harleston, midnight purple/black one, anyh idea who owns that. the only thing is the dyno is only 2wd stylee.

will defo keep in touch and see if any others will want a crack on the rollers

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good idea be nice for a skyline event to be reasonably close to norfolk, book me in...:D ....i've only ever seen two around here, a black r33 gts-t and a black r34 gtr and never met either of them so thats not much use really.

Is this your first skyline then?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sure is, i have driven a few though. was gonna buy one, the car company took my deposit (only500) and then closed down, it was a show room and everything.

i have had some mean cars though,
i am from Aussie land and had a 5.0l V8 tuned by tickford that was good for 450BHP but seriuosly torquey. and RWD so i am not to worried about the old skyline being to boustirous.

are you going to rockingham,
i am going on the 14 with th GTR boys for a passenger day as my skyline wont be here.

it would be good to get some skyline action round here. my town is over run by Novas, cant wait to see the faces:D

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol @ novas i know what you mean..:D , its funny really that you hear people put down big bhp rear wheel drives with front engines but in my mind they're the most fun..:D ..i suppose it depends what your driving style is really.

I was thinking about the rockingham do but i've decided not to do any events till i get the car better setup..nothing worse than trying to put down good times in a badly setup/underdeveloped car like mine is at the mo...i'd say it'll be about a year or so before the cars upto scratch.

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ohh and another thing, if your gonna run the baileys dump valve on your r33 you'll need an idle stablizer as i think open atmosphere bovs can cause over fueling on hot wire cars, you might want to do a bit of research before you bid to high on it...:)

·
Registered
49 Posts
i know what you mean on both account really.

i am only going as a spectator and passenger to put some froces to names, and for a good couple of rides in some nice motas

i will keep you posted as far as the rollers are concerned, am gonna look at your web site:D

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great track rockingham i went their the first time the cart brigade visited, pity about the speed limit on the oval for the track day but then again there'd proably be deaths if it wasn't there.

ahhh hope you like the site, bit like my car its got a long way to go....:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts