Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Jammy Git
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cloverfield.

I picked it up on whim coupla days ago, not much info on the DVD case, but what the heck.

Well it started off a bit ropey with (too much) handycam footge of a party in NYC to set the scene. But then it went apeshit! The rest of the movie turned out to be about a giant monster attack in New York and was entirely from the handycam footage taken by these party goers fleeing from the monsters.

I was gobsmacked that anyone would make a "Godzilla" movie these days and do it so well.

Only one thing I didn't like was that it essentially ended when the camera died. I was hoping for a little bit of resolution afterwards but what the heck it was still great.

·
Seasoned Member
1,303 Posts
Yeah, saw this in the cinema. I loved it.

I believe they are making a coverfield 2. Same monster but differnt people.

·
Jammy Git
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, saw this in the cinema. I loved it.

I believe they are making a coverfield 2. Same monster but differnt people.

Different people? It'd kinda have to be as the "used up" all the ones they had in the first one. :rofl:

·
Jammy Git
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What even worse than Santa Claus: The Movie? :rofl:

·
Turbo kicked in yo!
372 Posts
saw it and thought it was average really.
good to see that they were exploring a different way of filming but about 4 different couples walked out before it ended.
the bit when they walk through the tunnel is freaky- the light goes off and nothings there but when it comes on again those little buggers are all over the place!

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
i enjoyed this,i didnt enjoy godzilla,unless we are talking real godzilla not the american version

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
worst film ever is Cube Zero - its utter UTTER shatcakes. I'm able to watch absolutely any movie more than once - this is the ONLY film I've actually turned off midway through...
Did you watch the other 2 cube films first?????

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
ive got cube one and two,not watched zero,which seems to have been a good idea so far!!

one of the worst ive seen to date is a film called anklebiters

·
Bounty Hunter
6,173 Posts
I thought Cloverfield was brilliant although was slightly ruined by the ending, they showed too much of the monster. I thought the best scenes were when you saw it moving through the city and you could only see part of it. Can't really see the point in a sequel though, but I guess money talks.

·
Highland/North Scotland Area Rep
4,160 Posts
the cube films were the biggest lot of poop ever made ...lol :rofl:

saying that i watched "broken flowers" in the cinema holy **** was that bad....

·
big ginger one
1,744 Posts
i have had a film day as the weather is crap and the wife is at work just watched

mirrors and 30 days of night they are the best films i have seen in a long time

also watched wrong turn 2 what a load of crap nothing like the first one

1 - 20 of 20 Posts