Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes, when I depress the clutch pedal, there is a griding noise, I think it only happens when I put it in first gear with the pedal still down, doesn't happen when clutch pedal is up, maybe it is to do with the clutch release bearing. When it makes the this noise and I rev the engine, the noise does not seem to increase in frequency but maybe it does. Oh, I have a M reg Skyline 2.5 GTS, it has 88,000 on the clock and is an import. Thankyou very much in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a constant grinding noise, not just a springy clutch pedal noise, but comes and goes, eg I could be waiting at traffic lights with my foot down and from when I put my foot down after 3 seconds the noise will start last for 10 seconds and then go again, doesn't appear to do it if I am in neutral and put my foot down but if I slide it into 1st and keep my foot down it can start grinding and when I pull it back into neutral it will continue. Thanks

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Do you mean a whirring noise then when you depress the clutch it goes.. perfectly normal with an uprated clutch... if you have one :) And welcome to the forum matey :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, it WAS fine, for the first 75 miles no problem, didn't do it at all all day, no it's started doing it all the time, it's very noticeable and definately shouldn't be doing it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, good idea, how easy is it to take the gearbox out on these, is it engine out? Anyone done it, and if so, how long, I only bought this car yesterday for £1800, it is mint and un-modified apart from speakers in door / shelf uprated and a bit of damage around stereo where someone has cut the stereo hole 5mm or so bigger! 1 years mot, mint interior, bodywork good apart from little rust around wing GT badge. It is worth this money?

·
Seasoned Member
4,929 Posts
Got any pics ?? Hard to say about the price without seeing her. Still alot of car for £1800 tho I'd say.
Gearbox can be dropped, no need for engine out....since its a rear wheel drive its not that hard. Not done it personally yet so its second hand knowledge. Cheers

·
North West Member
1,434 Posts
I had the same problem, it turns out that some grease on the slave cly push rod where it seats into the release bearing arm solves the problem as it stops the push rod vibrating and causing the noise. Worked for me anyway try it for yourself. :) good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts