Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my skyline about 4 months ago. Gota say the best car I've ever owned. Anyways, I need a new clutch, I have a 1993 GTS R33 RB25DET. That's all I can remember off the top of my head. I think that should be enough, but after reading some other threads it seems there are many more models of skylines then I thought. Which clutch should I get? I not trying to improve anything on the car, just to get a stock clutch, or a cheap upgraded one.

I just had some funny things start happening to my car. Here is a list of symptoms.

In 3 gear when it drops to about 1.5 rpm it starts to feel like the car is stalling. Gears a tiny bit into 4th. Some times at neutral as i coast to a stop or red light, it stalls and i pop the clutch to get it going.

Once i stop on the side of the road out of frustration and took a look under the hood, not really sure what i'd find there.. (maybe my fuel line fall off...) so when i dropped the hood the car shut off. So I was like (T_T).. So I started it again, popped the hood, dropped the hood, and the car shut off. After driving the car back home (with minimal problems, no stalls.) I popped the hood and dropped it three times and it didn't shut off once.

I bought the car as a project car, but it's also my transportation. I knew it needed a clutch when I bought it, i've done clutches before in my old mustang. but i told my friend these symptoms, and he said may i have a bad gear. I really don't want to replace the gearbox...

Any information would be great, and links to sites where I can buy the appropriate clutch. (also need... breaks, starter, struts, shocks) good ways to spend my weekends

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Afm?

Could this be related to my AFM?

If I hit my Filter when i drop the hood then could that knock the AFM and cause it to choke my car out? Still would it relate to the lack of pwr in 3rd?

I had my timing check, and the mechanic adjusted the BOV, minor improvement but still stalls sometimes.

Any information at all would be helpful, please

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
hi mate welcome to our club, the stalling is usually down to an after market bov, yr better off using the normal re-circ cale....as for the bonnet hitting yr afm it shouldn't make any difference unless its causing it to leak, that wouldnt be the reason its crap in third gear, have you checked plugs etc. the traders on the home page can get you any part you need and post it out t you...try either skylinepart, rising sun performance, jpaparts, gdasportcars....also on the home page we have a FAQ section have a look in there and yr find every question thats been asked and an answer to it, or use the "search" button and typr in yr question.......:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the reply, i found some stuff off the site, with the search.

I don't think it's the bov, the mechanic check that. i have a blitz filter i'm going to put on today. And I'll check the AFM clean it and look at the leads going to it. If this doesn't fix it i'll check the plugs.

thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts