Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Naz Ali
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im sure its clutch thats going

iv been told A way to test it is to set of in 4th gear oon a flat...iv done this and it sets off...but when im driving say like cruising in 5th and go to put foot down it just picks up the revs and not speed...

also the prices iv seen for for a standard clutch kit for my 2.0na are like 200quid...seems steep for a na

iv seen 2.5turbo clutch kits for r33 same price im confused why????

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
handbrake on stick it in 5th rev it to about 3500 and drop clutch if it doesnt stall straight away its goosed

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts
also the prices iv seen for for a standard clutch kit for my 2.0na are like 200quid...seems steep for a na

iv seen 2.5turbo clutch kits for r33 same price im confused why????
Prices aren't based on n/a vs turbo. You're still getting the same parts as a turbo would need (pressure plate, release bearing, clutch plate)... and they do exactly the same job regardless of the engine it's fitted behind :)

Just like spark plugs to suit your car will be the same price as plugs to suit a turbo Skyline

·
Naz Ali
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info...im looking at getting an rb25det clutch..i knw i will need to get the flywheel to fit the gtst clutch...but is there anything else i need for this or any modding needed?

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts
thanks for the info...im looking at getting an rb25det clutch..i knw i will need to get the flywheel to fit the gtst clutch...but is there anything else i need for this or any modding needed?
You will just need the flywheel, clutch plate and pressure plate... nothing else :) Replace the release bearing too... but I don't think there is any difference between yours and a 25DET item. It should come with the clutch kit anyway!
But going back to your other thread.... hopefully someone has some input on what I said. I guess knowing the difference in weight would be a big help.. and I don't know the weight of either flywheel lol. I should have weighed my factory flywheel when it came out

Why do you want to a 20/25DET clutch anyway? Future proofing ..?

·
Naz Ali
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
because iv seen 25det clutch kits a lot cheaper then 200quid which is what iv been quoted for rb20e..also been told the 25det clutch are stronger and take more punishment and last longer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts