Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got both my cobra seats fitted tonight, had a drivers one in for a while and eventually got a rail for the passenger side too.

The drivers one was a pain in the arse to fit, I've never seen worse fitment for a "car specific" subframe in my life!! so in my ignorance I got it into my head that the passenger side subframe would be a far better fit.....

how wrong I was :( took nearly 3 hours to fit a seat, the fitment was just as bad as the driver side, £100 for a frame that only half fits is a disgrace, cobra should sort their act out and make frames that fit ffs!!! If i had paid £20 for the subframe i could live with having to make it fit but not £100 on rubbish that should fit 100% in the first place :Uzi: :Uzi:

mini rant over :40oz:

T

·
0 Posts
Bummer dude. And here I was about to fork out the same for some sub frames, ended up making my own for £15 both sides. ;)

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bummer dude. And here I was about to fork out the same for some sub frames, ended up making my own for £15 both sides. ;)
I was tempted to make my own after the saga with the drivers side rails :spank: really wish i had taken the time to do it, i could prob have welded up a set quicker than the length of time it took to fit "car specific" frames :Uzi:

·
Seasoned Member
9,055 Posts
I picked up cobra frames for my 33 two years ago, and to be honest the drivers was a complete nightmare to fit, took about an hour and a half after some fettling..... but the passenger one was in within 10 minutes!

It's hit and miss with them, god knows what happens to their jigs for making them.... must get thrown around and bent out of shape of something!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts