Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
formerly known as mruk
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

^^CLICK TO ENLARGE^^

Not the flashest seats in the world but i wanted to spend money on a rollcage, i found the do-luck tensioner kit instead that is going to look great with these seats :smoker: and the rear seats stripped out in the back :boogy:

·
formerly known as mruk
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no, fixed back, not the standard subframes these are from cobra themselves, the frames were the same price as the seats :eek: :( if you know a good welder they would easily be able to knock something up from the standard frames to make them fit, now i've seen how little there is to the frames I think why the hell did i buy them and not ask one of my mates to have a go and see what they can do !

·
erm,when will I be cool?
1,202 Posts
erm, not sure why you took a series of photos of something inside the car with the doors closed in every one of them ...... the tops of the seats look okay in the gloom, but surely some better pics are in order here with some more light..... :)

·
formerly known as mruk
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
True :D i hadn't planned on taking photos tbh, i did it without thought, i was just pleased to have them in, they were an absolute nightmare to fit... i'll take some better ones

·
formerly known as mruk
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
colinspooky said:
why the nightmare?
none of the bolt holes lined up, so i tried to get them in and knackered the thread on the bolts and the car chassis, i would've sent it back but the 3wks delivery on the frames was more than enough when i was desperate to fit the buckets.
I had to buy a big fat expensive drill bit that i'll never use again to make all the holes bigger.
Oh well its worth it, you can feel the rumble of the exhaust through the bottom of the seats :smoker: feels more like a skyline should now, i hate the Nissan primera style standard seats :apuke:

E

·
0 Posts
MR Uk I know what u mean, I got My rail from Cobra after amost one month wait. they told me it will take 5 working days when ordered. the Driver side was perfect fit on mine, but the passinger side is a right b1tch as the holes dont line up and I have to end up drilling the holes bigger on the rail in order to get it fit to the car.

·
I'm bringing sexy back
913 Posts
Im glad it wasnt just me who had an issue trying to fit these as well. Subframe just doesnt line up as good as it could, I had to bend prt of it to make it fit to the centre tunnel.

·
formerly known as mruk
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
More Pics!!!

EPRacing said:
MR Uk I know what u mean, I got My rail from Cobra after amost one month wait. they told me it will take 5 working days when ordered. the Driver side was perfect fit on mine, but the passinger side is a right b1tch as the holes dont line up and I have to end up drilling the holes bigger on the rail in order to get it fit to the car.

yeah your're right - i don't think the drivers side was too bad but i just drilled them all to save time swapping and changing them all the time... it was worth it in the end, :smoker:
The seats look like they were made for the car!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts