Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
installing r32 coilovers rears are done and fine but,
one question. with the front coilovers does it matter which way round to mount them? i mean on the bottom of the strut where you bash it on to the stud... one side has a extended boss and the other doesnt. I'm thinking that the extended bit goes against the stud to give some clearance between strut and arm? but its really tight to fit on and get the thing to seat properly (impossible!?) - spin it the other way (boss facing out) its really easy but there's contact :(

which way?

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
installing r32 coilovers rears are done and fine but,
one question. with the front coilovers does it matter which way round to mount them? i mean on the bottom of the strut where you bash it on to the stud... one side has a extended boss and the other doesnt. I'm thinking that the extended bit goes against the stud to give some clearance between strut and arm? but its really tight to fit on and get the thing to seat properly (impossible!?) - spin it the other way (boss facing out) its really easy but there's contact :(

which way?
ive never fitted them but from what you have said i'd say the the extended side against the stud, at least yr have clearance, there shouldn't be any contact i know. you dont want the strut and the arm rubbing anyway. thats my thoughts, any contact wont be right..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers for the reassurance :)

I eventually got them on - lubed up the end and the boss and whacked it on. deffo needs the clearance looking at the finished result.

Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.