Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has Tein coilovers, which seem to be set very low. Looks very sexy but i suspect ride height of having adverse affect on handling. It also scrapes with standard front so couldn't kit it without raising.

Know how to adjust dampers but not sure how to either adjust ride height or work out how low it has been set. Thinking that wheels may have to come off?

Guessing that around 35/40 mm drop would be optimum.

Thanks Vicky.

·
Administrator
4,233 Posts
Your wheels will probably need to come off, yes. As with most coilovers, you will most likely need a C spanner to adjust them.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
if you have a look at the back tein shocks, there should be a sticker saying NA, RA or something like that (at the bottom of the shock, silver sticker)

If they are NA, then they are adjustable by about 10mm at a time. the others will be the twisty thingies that are on a thread (sorry dunno the technical name!!)

They should be ride adjustable aswell. fronts can be adjusted in the engine bay, rears you gotta take the back seats out !!!

Richard Bell is the man you wanna see to have it done.

Moff

S

·
0 Posts
I have tein type HA and it is as hard as a hard thing thats been left out to dry and go hard :( and that when it's been set to nearly fully soft on the damping adjustment!!

I suspect it also needs to be raised a bit to soften things out.

but it does look good so low :)

C spanners will be required and the wheels do need to come off. most good tuning places that supply and fit coilovers will be able to help you. if you want a really proper job doing you can have it set up on corner scales and eveything to help the handling!

Simon

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for advice everyone.

Got spax adjustables on the other car and they are harsh too so used to that. But this is kinda crashy, think the dampers probably rebounding all over place cos the ride height too low.

Will probably try and sort it myself first. Giving it to someone else just not so so much fun. If handling is still all over then i might get professional help! :D

How low are yours Simon?

S

·
0 Posts
low is all I could tell you - i've never changed it from when I got it :D

Simon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts