Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get some 2nd hand ones as mine have given up the ghost by the looks of it. Will spec2 r33 gtst fit spec1 r33 gtst. Also is there any point getting upgrade ones when the only mods iv got are full de-cat exhaust and blitz induction or use the money else where?

Many thanks Adi

·
stuck in the middle .....with you
8,249 Posts
no,you cant use spec 1 in spec 2 or vicce versa,99% of the time a misfire @5k is coils but do the cheaper option first and change your plugs

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been doing it a few weeks now just been putting it off, plugs where changed in sept when i baught it.

·
stuck in the middle .....with you
8,249 Posts
more than likley coils then but remeber spec one has an external ignition amp and spec two has it built into the coil

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How much are the spitfire ones? RSP do some yellow ones that apparently are top notch is it worth the £200 + even though i havent got that many mods.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nissan ones are very expensive (much more than Splitfire or RSP Yellow Jackets), so you may as well get them.

Second hand one might be near the end of their lives.

Cheers,

·
South Wales Area Rep
310 Posts
ive just orderd new coilpacks and plugs getting put in over the next few days then no more probs i hope

·
RB Junkie
16 Posts
go for plugs first, i just started getting a misfire today and thats where im starting, cheaper and if it solves the problem then you dont ngotta spend money on coilpacks

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you still need some coil packs give me a shout - I got a set from opie oils and ordered spec1 as this is the shape of the car only to find out i have a spec 1 car with spec 2 engine..........they've been sat in my garage for nearly a year - never used

Not sure if I'm allowed to sell them on here due to the rules (so if a mod sees this and I'm not please delete)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not yet i decided to get some working second hand for £60 if they dont solve the problem il re-sell and try a different area i.e sparks, then work my way back.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts