Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Weird User
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey..

I have been having a problem starting the engine on my 180SX, RB25DET

when I turn over it takes 4-5 seconds of turning over, when running it is around 200-400rpm wanting to die but doesnt die! but is running on 5 cylinders..

as son as I rev it a little.. 6 cylinders are running and idle properly..
anyone had this problem b4
I am guessing the coilpacks or injectors.. tho my injectors are new.. Sard 550cc

the coilpacks have troubled me in the past and had to replace the 2nd cylinder's Coilpack twice..

it is very hot.. since I have removed the plate that covers the coilpacks they dont seem to fry anymore..

I read that using electric tape and wrapping the coils 3 times will prevent leaking arcs.. should I try this?

A new set of splitfire coilpacks is a difficult buy for me... so I gotta find a way to resolve this problem on the cheap..

I have 1 spare coilpack and I will change the faulty one... as I dont know which one is fault I will remove the plug on each coil till i find the problem one..

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
electrical tape wont last five minutes wrapped round a hot coil pack,you are better off using 5min epoxy or fibreglass resin,the problem is its not just the cracks,the wiring inside breaks down and theres not much you can do about that

·
Sits at home thinking am I normal ???????
853 Posts
i did the same mate with the coil packs mate and didint work but went for the rsp one and sorted the prob which i think is your prob mate but check all your connections on the plugs and i have one one mine become brittle so that is worth a check mate hope that helps

·
Weird User
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i did the same mate with the coil packs mate and didint work but went for the rsp one and sorted the prob which i think is your prob mate but check all your connections on the plugs and i have one one mine become brittle so that is worth a check mate hope that helps
thanks for the info.. the plugs are ok coz I just rewired them coz of what your talking about... online/ebay I got 6x New Injector plugs and 6x tripple plugs for the coils.. rewired using quality cables.. :) everything is feeling more stable..

I re did the AFM also...
tho I am worried about the wire I used..

It is large cores (Good), it is shielded (Good).. but it didnt come as twisted pair... it is best described as a microphone cable..

I have checked the feedback it seems to be reading and signal seems to be ok from what my emanage ultimate datalog is show me. haha

·
Weird User
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the diameter is about 2.5mm for both signal & SIGNAL GND. with a heavy duty insulate & thick shield!
It is copper wire also!

the origional AFM was about 2mm diameter and copper!

It is working fine.. just the twisted thing had me a little worried

·
Yeah boyeeeeeeeee
6,604 Posts
the diameter is about 2.5mm for both signal & SIGNAL GND. with a heavy duty insulate & thick shield!
It is copper wire also!

the origional AFM was about 2mm diameter and copper!

It is working fine.. just the twisted thing had me a little worried
Twisted should be fine, and size seems fine too (although I'm wondering what sort of mic would need 2.5mm cable!)

Out of interest, where did you get the coilpack connectors from when you re-did the wiring? (do you have an ebay link?)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.