Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been a weldin'......

Decided to build a cold air partition for the A'Pexi induction cone as it gets damn hot under the bonnet...... Step one was to relocate the filter and AFM to down in the recess behind the headlight instead of sticking up near the bonnet itself(in all the hot air).

Here's the result... Stainless mandrel bent pipe, and now my pod is right next to the original intake vent under the headlight....

Now all I need to do is measure up and make a partition to go round it.... And vent the bonnet somehow...

:D

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
lookin good matey...btw you can remove the canister closest to the headlight without effecting anything... its just an emissions thingy...:)

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
i think theres two vacum hoses that go to the plenum, just block these up and a couple of pipes underneath that i just left there open that run to the fuel tank....mines been like this for a couple of months now with no probs at all...should make it easier for your partion as well.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, Cheers mate. Shall have a look in a few days when I can. Sure it was discussed on the legendary 'free horsepower' thread.

BTW my replacement ECU chip hasn't arrived yet, bet the git never sent this one EMS. Old one has been fine and haven't needed to use yours, but if its cool I will hang onto it until my new one arrives, just in case?

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Yeah thats no probs..:)..keep it as long as you want...i think the free hp thread is where i first read it now that you mention it.

When i actually get round to getting the pfc mapped properly you can borrow my standard ecu with the 1bar chip in it and have a play or even copy it or something.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool......

Hoping that my replacement chip arrives soon and actually works!

You run 1 bar on a standard turbo? (I know you have upgraded now, but I mean in the past)

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Yep...it lasted about 2-3 months but was some seriously fast spooling fun...:):):)....and a good excuse to go for an upgrade afterwards.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts