Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year not long after i'd bought my Skyline I noticed that the inside of the car started to smell of fuel, badly. I was advised that it was over fuelling and as I'd just bought the car I didn't think to question it as I didn't know any of what I do now.

It had a GTR pump in, which I didn't find out about until afterwards and I was advised to swap it for another GTST pump, the company in question also wanted £40 on top and as the pump had already been taken out and I'd been convinced the pump was at fault I agreed.

So cue last weekend when I took the pump out, it turned out it wasn't even an R32 gtst pump but actually a 180sx pump, which flow about 40lph less than the standard 32 pump. So not only did the company screw me out of £40 and take my working gtr pump but the pump they gave me wasn't even what it should have been!!

I'm pretty sure they did it because they knew that, at the time, I didn't have much clue about RBs. The car was mapped to run with the GTR pump so it's been running almost 100lph less than it should have been, 50lph less than a standard pump. That'll explain why it's hesitant, to say I'm pissed is an understatement and after finding this out I also spoke to an ex employee of said company who wasn't surprised with what had happened :cya:

·
Registered
898 Posts
Companies. I got so called mates trying to rip me off all because i have a skyline.

Are 1.8 corsa sri falled the mot two weeks ago on a steering rack, so i went to a mate who has his own garage to give me a price on fitting a new one, now it also needed a back box. So he then said, £340 its a big job, 5 hours labor & said he would do the back box for noting. I spoke to another mate who said 5 hours yer right, bring it to me one night and we will do it.. 1 hour later old rack out, new one in. So its not just Companies but so called mates too :(

·
Central Scotland Area Rep
2,447 Posts
5 hours for a corsa epas rack replacement now thats fecking funny

i did these on a daily basis when i worked at autovision vauxhall as there was a recall on them full job drive in to drive out in around 45 mins to 1 hour if i had told my gaffer it took five hours im sure he would have helped me remove my toolbox from the premisis

1 - 7 of 7 Posts