Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
DJ
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've not got a Playstation or the like so can't have Gran Tourismo. I've got a laptop with Windows XP. I'm looking for a game that gives a near as possible realistic experience of driving/racing on different tracks. I know a bit about the TOCA series and have a wheel. Would appreciate any help with titles.

·
Full Fat Member 522
167 Posts
alfonso garonso said:
For me there really is no other choice on the PC than GTR 2. Without doubt the most accurate racing simulator going - makes Gran Turismo look like Outrun!

Have a looksie

http://gtr-game.10tacle.com/index.php?id=246&L=1

I have to second that. Far better than anything I have played if you want realistic, a true simulation.

It is sooooo hard though!

·
erm,when will I be cool?
1,202 Posts
Yep - GTR2.... loved the first one, even won a few online races --- yay!!!

Working my way thru driving school at the moment - have lots of Golds - yay again..... You WILL need a wheel.

I do like Toca3 though - I am deadly online - huge rating - yay a third time.

:slap:

Quite enjoying Test Drive Unlimited on the 360 too.

·
Banned
3,478 Posts
Well.......i just downloaded the demo - HOW ****IN HARD?!?!?!

I gave up trying to race.....its more fun setting up head on collisons! :D

GT4 all the way for me guys, sorry! woo hoo! :dogpile:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Daemon said:
Well.......i just downloaded the demo - HOW ****IN HARD?!?!?!

I gave up trying to race.....its more fun setting up head on collisons! :D
You need a steering wheel setup on the pc to truely get on terms with it. I haven't played GTR2 in ages now. We used to have an online league race at work that we thinly disguised as beta testing every friday afternoon! Loadsa fun :)

·
erm,when will I be cool?
1,202 Posts
Taff's right - GTR2 is super tough - imagine having to BRAKE for turns, and in a straight line, and having to balance the brake and accelerator - at the same time, and then ease the gas back on, wait for car to settle, and then progressively brake the next turn. Weird eh?

:gay:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
colinspooky said:
Taff's right - GTR2 is super tough - imagine having to BRAKE for turns, and in a straight line, and having to balance the brake and accelerator - at the same time, and then ease the gas back on, wait for car to settle, and then progressively brake the next turn. Weird eh?

:gay:
You mean... you have to drive it like a real car and not randomly bash some buttons on a pad thing with two stars on there? Weird :p

·
Banned
7,239 Posts
sideways.taff said:
You mean... you have to drive it like a real car and not randomly bash some buttons on a pad thing with two stars on there? Weird :p
Very well put!!!!

SO many people I know insist on telling me how great Gran Turismo is.

"It's SO realistic". F**k off!!! :rolleyes:

My dreams about what I'd like to do to the Spice Girls are more realistic ;)

·
erm,when will I be cool?
1,202 Posts
Anyone want a copy of Mortal Kombat Armageddon

Just arrived this morning - packed in jewel case with full colour insert - game disc only, and yes it is the full genuine real game.
Paypal me £15 plus £4 post and packing and an address and it's yours.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts