Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a r32 gtr with simple mods. Front mount inter cooler,cat back, and the boost restrictor removed. I don't know how long I've had this problem but I just started noticing it. Basically after I drive the car for a while the car goes back to the same amount of boost that it had before the boost restrictor was removed when I give it full throttle. I simply fix this by turning off the car and turning it back on and i get the extra boost back but it will come back after driving for a while. Why would turning the car off and then on fix it? Is the computer backing the boost back down?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi i think the restrictor gives you the 2 stage boost my r33 gtst had the restrictor was removed by the previous owner and it was only boosting to 0.5 bar all the way up the revrange there is a thread on modifying the boost selanoid some where on here where you will get 0.7 bar of boost the thread was based on the r33 gtst so dont know how diffrent the gtr is as the selanoid controls the 2 stage boost I was going to do it to mine but got a boost controller instead do you have an aftermarket boost controller

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I don't have an aftermarket controller. I think the r32 gtr has no 2 stages I could be wrong though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts