Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If not anyone else! I am more than confident about the "potential" of Skylines! I mean it is just amazing!

However, just now finaly owning one. I was confused about something.

Keep in mind I may be half drunk now!:moony: haha!

I have read on the forums about speeds of up to 165 mph/ 266 kph!

then I saw something that kinda threw me off. I glanced at a picture of someones dash and the meter I believe reads 180 kph?

Not sure maybe it was a mistake as I have never paid attention to the stock speedometers and most I see are aftermarket.

If so that would be only like 110 mph top speed? Can someone explain? Am I seeing things?

Don't tell me that when I get my Skyline she is going to top out at a mere 110!:argue: :bash: :wtf:

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Or you can do what has been done to mine and fit some kind of resistor or something that converts the signal to mph so although the dash reads 180kmh it actually 180mph

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Or just get a power fc (in group buy section) and that will delimit it....... Plus you will have more power... People who fit the cheapy delimiters always have problems with them.... Anyways...

Its not about the topspeed, its about how fast you get there ;)

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Or just get a power fc (in group buy section) and that will delimit it....... Plus you will have more power... People who fit the cheapy delimiters always have problems with them.... Anyways...

Mine was done before i got it. Its delimmited too. not sure exactly what has been done though

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That would be cool but since I'm in Germany I would need keep the kph reading.

So I really need to know where to get a speed limit defencer and how to get that working for me. I'll worry about the dash later cuz I'll have gps readings and all.

So where do I get this thing and how do i get it to work.

How can I tell if it has already been done to the car or not. I think my dash is stock and doesn't seem to be anything crazy done to the engine however I see that I either have a turbo timer "more likely" or a boost controller underneath the steering column.

Also looks like some kind of piggy pack ECU system mounted in the passenger side. but other than that I can't tell what's been done. Doesn't look like much though and the car only has 55,000 miles on it. So looks like he stopped before he could get well into modification. So I'll be able to make her all mind after i find out if anything got screwed up.

Any pics of this thing, where it goes, ect?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Ahh, now that sounds promissing! I was about to get worried! So the power FC will take care of it?

Nice! Sounds like a plan! I know for sure I don't have a power FC which I plan on getting. However, I wonder if the limit was already taken of with whatever system is on it now? Maybe the previous owner didn't switch out the dash yet.

How can I tell? Guess I'll have to go for a run on the autobahn and find out!

If it has been taken off. What top speed to I need to watch out for, i'm don't want to blow the engine my first time out LOL!

I'm not trying to reach 200 mph but 110mph is just a sucky number!:dance:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Probably have alot of work to do on the ride! As I said a really good find as it is very clean, not run down, and only had 55,000 miles on the engine.

Anyone recognize what this stuff is under the steering column and on the passenger side. I have a good idea but don't know what brand or even if it's what I think it is.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
A close up would be a lot better to explain what it is or brand.

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Its a flare i see! I want one so bad (the thing in the passenger side that is)

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
easy way to see what your really doing is get a road angel ;)

Mine said 150 it wasn't doing that it was doing 134, I trust the angel.

and yes was not on a public road !!!

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Its a flare i see! I want one so bad (the thing in the passenger side that is)
HAHA they all come with those, unless they have been taken out, I wanted one too :funny:

·
Seasoned Member
6,127 Posts
yep thats a flare and the other is a turbo timer by the look of it

·
bla
17,374 Posts
i want a flare too...... :( Lol....... i think its a tub timer, but without a closeup pic we cant tell you for sure... Could be a boost controller......

But looks fairly stock to me....

The power fc dosent change the kph to mph and mine is still in kph..... When i first picked it up after my mapping etc, i was in a laughing fit as Rod Bell from RB took me out :D :)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL! The red in the far left corner is a Flare! What I want to know is what is the black box on the opposite side in the passenger area.

Could be some kind of AFC and if so I'm thinking that it doesn't make any sense to have an AFC if you didn't alter the boost. So perhaps under the steering column could be a boost controller.

Maybe more of a hopeful wish but still seems like a good educated guess!

She is coming straight from Yokohama so It could be some kind of off brand AFC and Boost Controller. Not many japanese take advantage of a turbo timer, they just let the car set untill it cools off.

Anyway anymore guess? Anyone seen this before? Haha! This is kinda fun! We'll see who is right in a few weeks!

·
bla
17,374 Posts
It might not even be in there...
You having it imported?? Some people thief things as car doors have to be unlocked... Defo a tub timer or boost controller

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
that would be terrible. Then again it's insured and the pics I posted are pics I requested from the dealer before shipping. If there is a theft maybe I can file a claim and get more updated replacements.

I also noticed that I have a FMIC probably from a GTR. So just putting that together, seems like I would have an AFC, Boost Controller, and FMIC as the only mods on the car besides suspension and GTR front lip.

I feel like a detective! lol! Who knows!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts