Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being as mark posts in here, and tigs is our very own home grown board member, I wanted to make a thread to congratulate you all on a great performance and what will only get better with development and practice.

Well Done Guys !

:40oz:

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Hear Hear...

Indeed an awesome achievement in a beast that did need taming at times..

·
Registered
303 Posts
Project "X"

from when we fitted the last moment sponsor for the "X" car Double D cup , we found another .2 secs off of the time this was due to the more control of someones "front end appenages" as Big Mark called them some time ago.

It blew me away when Lisa did the last of her 3 runs and it was not until we looked at the Datalogging that we realised on how far sideways the car got and she only lifted on the throttle 30% i,e throttle was still at 70 % open.

She,s my girl XXXXXXX

Mark

·
Registered
796 Posts
I will repost with ....
Lisa Rocks:boobies:

after seeing the two of you knocked elsewhere for not doing 'perfect' launches, it was interesting how many of the hoards of skylines running did not get good launches with cars that would have been a lot easier to drive than your beast.
Well done both of you:smoker: (still buzzin' from how brilliant yesterday was:) )

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
All I can say is that they are football fans....great at giving advice and critisism....but when it comes to playing the game they quite simply cant....until you have been in a car of that power its impossible to say how difficult it is to control...they seem to be forgetting how much they put me down to begin with saying I wouldnt be able to drive it...and now they say the launches werent spot on....you kinda switch off to it after a while...I am just mega pleased at how it all went!

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Well done to the whole team at Abbeys......monster achievement already with plenty more to come I'm sure.
Special respect to Tiggs and Mark for keeping it on the black stuff and coming home with the goods!

The car formerly known as 'project X', now under new ownership and running as Project DD, kindly sponsored by Wonderbra.....lol :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
One for the girls there lisa...even watching yesterday i want to take mine out for a run or two...might get close to 15secs if i'm lucky.

Nice one !

·
D1 and Only
1,347 Posts
Well done to all who went up the strip............. jay, simon, tiggs, Mr Abbey and craig all did very well .............

Project X / DD Cup.............well what can i say that will be the fastest skyline up the Santa pod strip ever.....?? nice one

AL

·
Registered
164 Posts
I was absolutely astounded by the car...everything must just be a blur when that thing gets going ! I have nothing but respect for anyone who can keep that thing going in a straight line - top job to both Lisa and Mark.

I have a couple of runs on video - which i'll be making into WMV's at some point soon. I'll be sure to get them hosted somewhere so that you guys can see them.

Daz

E

·
0 Posts
Yeh well done everyone who was involved. I think everyone will agree that with a good launch the car will easily be in the 9s & maybe even the 8s. Congrats.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Congrats folks, sounds like I missed an excellent day

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
I stood on the hill and i think i can say without any hesitation tigger got the best out of the crowd they were getting quite excited in anticipation as the car came to the start.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts