Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
no fun in straight lines
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey again guys and gals:wave: , just have a few very technical questions for some of you brainy people out there:notworthy

was have been in contact with rising sun about getting bearings for my rebuild, was out checking my numbers off the conrods so they can grade the bearings and the number i have on my own conrod's out of ty 1994 gtst rb25det is 11-1 75T 40-2 etc... and so on,so im happy enough wi that

i also have to ther sets 1 set of supposidly standard ones and a set of heat treated,stressed relieved, ground,lightened and polished ones,

so what i hear you ask but the numbers on 4 of the standard ones are 23-2 75T40-1 etc.. and on the other 2 it is 17-2 75T40-1 if they where all out of the same engine should the first two numbers not be the same.

the numbers on the heat treated,stressed relieved, ground, lightened and polished ones are 49-1 05U 41-2 etc... they are all the same

so with these numbers can anyone tell me what they are out of and is there any difference,

also with theheat treated,stressed relieved, ground, lightened and polished rods the tiny oil gallery that comes out the side of a normal rod(exit is about the size of a needle) to spray oil directly straight up has been ground of leaving a much bigger hole(ya could stick the led of a pencil in), is it just me or will that make my engine lose oil pressure with the bigger exit and wont spray the oil where it was supposed to go before?

sorry for the stupid questions but its buggin me:crazy:

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Well the way i graded mine up is this. I didnt use the numbers down the rod, if you look at where the bearing cap goes onto the rod, there will be a number stamped on either end. One of these numbers will be the cylinder number ie 1 2 3 4 5 6 And the other number will be the grade number either 0,1 or 2 I would bet on them being 0 to be honest. Also for the main bearings its the same principle, except i dont think there is a cyl number only a grade number. These numbers are stamped on the sump side of the block.
Tell him those grades and also the numbers off the crank and he will be able to match them up. It does sound a complicated way to do things but once you get your head round it it is fairly straightforward.

·
no fun in straight lines
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well the way i graded mine up is this. I didnt use the numbers down the rod, if you look at where the bearing cap goes onto the rod, there will be a number stamped on either end. One of these numbers will be the cylinder number ie 1 2 3 4 5 6 And the other number will be the grade number either 0,1 or 2 I would bet on them being 0 to be honest. Also for the main bearings its the same principle, except i dont think there is a cyl number only a grade number. These numbers are stamped on the sump side of the block.
Tell him those grades and also the numbers off the crank and he will be able to match them up. It does sound a complicated way to do things but once you get your head round it it is fairly straightforward.
yea got the numbers off the sump face no problem they are 1221121 and the numbers on the crank are 2212111011100 , checked the numbers on the conrods, they are all zero's both on the end cap of the conrod and on the conrod apart from conrods no.3 and no.5 where they have a 0 on the conrod and on the conrod endcap they av what looks like an I or else an H im not sure? anyone seen this

1 - 4 of 4 Posts