Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
no fun in straight lines
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right people, bought me self some rb25det gear of ebay a while back and am selling some which i dont need now but back to the point, iv a set of conrods that where supposed to be out of a rb25det, the person told me they where heat treated and stress relieved,
what is the benifit of this? also compared to a standard rod they have been fairly ground away and polished up,
i have a concern with the oil whole on it, as you can just about see from the pics the whole on the standard rods is much smaller than that of the rod that has been ground,
is it only my stupidity or would this cause a reduction or a drop in oil pressure and also it wouldnt leave the oil squirting straight up onto the underside of the piston,
any help or advice would be great as i would like to know if i could use these or are they just scrap

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Well, its easy to say this, but is it worth the risk?? I managed to banana mine, on some modest power levels....

Stress relieving is snot a bad idea (for unforged rods) but, as for the other stuff, you need to have some confidence in the work done.

The squirter hole may have been two diameters, big near shell, smaller at exit, and with the boss taken off, the small hole may have been lost. Not good.

Sorry for the negativity, but get some (new) aftermarket ones from the states for ~£300.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts