Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry don't know what section to put this in but people have been helpful with legal stuff on here before.

Right long story but we gave a tenant over 2 months notice to leave by today cos due to flat being reposed soon. We took a offer from someone wanting to buy it and had to sign papers today but when we went there she'd changed the locks!
After getting in she said she refuses to leave. Now we need a section 21 to take her to court and i'm told it will take months and due to possible repossession we aint got that long.

So what's the consequence from police for kicking her out illegally without a section 21 and courts? i mean i own it!!

·
Pist'n'broke
1,014 Posts
Government system sucks mate I totaly feel for you.

Same thing happened to my mate with his flat took years to kick her out and the place was trashed. She isnt on benefits and in your place from government/council money?

If it was me she would be shown the door and things put in the landing couldnt care less what happens she started renting from you on a contract you gave sufficient notice so. Out ye go...

But thats not legal advice lol I hope whatever you chose helps you out your situation.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i want to know what police consiquence is? as they say i'd get into alot off trouble for kicking her out. if she don't leave then thats £100,000 gone

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh we changed locks but police said she can just change them again and she wont get in trouble for doing it

·
Registered
796 Posts
oh we changed locks but police said she can just change them again and she wont get in trouble for doing it
move her out and move in your self till the sale is through. your being too nice, make her want to leave.

·
Registered
215 Posts
if she still got a tenancy on the place than your your in for a little trouble id say.
change the locks when shes not there and see what she does!. like you said you own it so the police cant say too much

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im in essex. i was told landlords can move up to 3 tenants in a one bedroom property but dunno if thats true.

·
Registered
215 Posts
if her tenancy is up than i would force her out. a contract is a contract. dont let her play the old scwotters **** on ya. if she aint got a tenancy than she aint got no rights.
change the locks and stick her **** in the front garden!!!

·
bla
17,374 Posts
As above, cheeky cow... But be prepared for smashed windows and the likes.. She sounds like a nutter...

Maybe film it when she gets home for proof....

... then upload it... :) lol

·
Stealth R34 GTT User
814 Posts
Damn, feel sorry for you.

A friend out in Thailand relies on tennents for his living money out there and he'd be really stuck if that happened.
Mind you he relies on a letting firm which deals with bs scum who take over homes like this.

If you use force and physically throw the bstard out then be prepared for going in front of a magistrate and pleading your case.
As long as you don't mind a possible 'criminal' record (which is fck all in the grand scheme of things) then get your house/home back.
If you do mind then use diplomacy and see how far it gets you.
A goon squad may be worth a look.
If you're bloody-minded enough you can play at making their life a living hell by turning off their utilities etc?

·
Terry
2,073 Posts
I would say she has more rights than you give her credit, if you are desperate to sell then you have to take desperate measures but as you say there will be consequences. I would imagine there are many legalities involved in giving someone termination of their tennancy which will just cause you grief and cost money. The minute you touch her belongings I would think you are in big sh*t trouble. Good luck anyways with whatever route you choose.

·
Registered
377 Posts
go down ur local and hire a few guys that are hard lookin and needin sum no q's asked cash, send them to the door with a pizza delivery so she opens the door barge there way in and throw her and her stuff out on the street. and for u, make sure you are in the local police station making a complaint about teenagers throwing stones at ur car so u have the perfect alibi for the time in question. pity ur too far away or id have been glad to do it for the fun of it mate

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.