Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. Has anyone had any experience of Continental tyres? I need a full set of boots and have been offered a set of 235 45 17's which have covered 150 miles only for £250 fitted and balanced. This is about half the price of many other 'so called' premium brands.

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
i had a set of contis 17inch on my saab 93seTurbo.great grip on them.only downside was only got 6k from the fronts.the rears wer still like new after 12k

·
Registered
528 Posts
I have used the Continental Contisports on my Supra for the last 8 years with no probs at all. They seem to vary a bit, I suppose depending on type of driving, but I had nearly 20,000 miles out of one set. Pretty good all round tyres for the price. I think they normally sell for between £100 -125 each so you are getting them for about half price.

·
Wedding Photographer
3,419 Posts
Hi folks. Has anyone had any experience of Continental tyres? I need a full set of boots and have been offered a set of 235 45 17's which have covered 150 miles only for £250 fitted and balanced. This is about half the price of many other 'so called' premium brands.

That is dirt cheap mate! The price makes me very wary!!:eek:

·
London stand up tall
2,440 Posts
i had toyo proxes on my clio williams for ages... changed to conti's because i couldnt afford the toyo's at the time and the grip was far better ?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The tyres are apparently off a delivery mileage Audi A6 - the owner upgraded to 18's straight away. I am looking at them all tomorrow before I decide. However I didn't think an A6 would have 235 45's on?:confused: :confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts