Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it that most of the people on the forum are going on about cutting wires with the solenoid to remove the 2nd stage boost. Because i have been informed by some professional that if i was to run a Electronic Boost Controller, that it would automatically remove the 2nd Stage Boost. But i thought that most of the people would of already had a Boost Controller, so why cut the wires?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Ive bought this arguement up in the original thread..
Removing the 2 stage boost is no different than fitting a boost controller in the sense of it wont adjust any fueling/ignition.
If your happy to buy a boost controller without changing the fuelling/ignition then its no different than removing the 2 stage boost.That is unless you dial in more boost on a controller which would actually magnify the chances of getting problems.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So should i just go for a mechanical boost controller??? wisecobandit?? Instead of electronic??

So removing the 2nd stage boost doesn't boost the higher frm the start rpm?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hmmmm where do i start lol.
Basically i would say that if your car is pretty much standard with maybe just 1 or 2 mild engine mods then do the 2 stage removal by earthing the wire of the boost solenoid.This will allow you to hit full boost at a lower rpm than standard (ie normally around 2750rpm instead of the normal 4500 rpm).
Once you get into the modding stages a bit more then a mechanical boost controller could be bought and used but dont buy anything as some are pretty crap and cause spiking.Buy something reputable (i used to use the turbosmart version)
When your in the trap of wanting everything you can purchase to make your skyline go faster then you definetly need an electronic boost controller and put it high on your priority list.

In short i would earth the solenoid for now,forget about a manual boost controller and just start saving pennies for an electroic boost controller and buy it as soon as you can afford to along with some kind of controlling for your fuel like an apexi SAFC as they really need to work in tandem to make a stronger smoother power delivery..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts