Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mate has just brought a GTR and we have been told we can convert to rwd by simply pulling a fuse? is that right and is is ok to do? what fuse is it?
Regards Jamie.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Dude why would you want to do that? You can still get the back end out easy with a GTR, just keep you foot down and the fronts will pull it out of the drift nicely! You can look like a driving god without fear of spinning, perfect! :grinno:

·
Registered
61 Posts
the instructions that came with my torque split controller specified that it should not be switched to 2 wheel drive when fitted to an R33 gtr because unlike the R32 gtr there is an amount of preload on the clutch pack in the transfer box that will always send some torque to the front wheels, this should'nt be a problem whilst driving, but an R33 gtr shoud'nt be run on a two wheel dyno or rolling road with the fuse pulled or a torque controller switched to 2 wheel drive as it will destroy the clutch pack.

·
Registered
95 Posts
different to the stock gtr

depends actually, V-Specs behave differently to a stock GTR.
how does it behave differently to a stock gtr. im looking into this because i put my v-spec on the rolling road yesterday and couldn't get the front wheels to kick in at all. is this what you mean by behaving differently? or is me transfer box gone?

·
Yeah boyeeeeeeeee
6,604 Posts
... i put my v-spec on the rolling road yesterday and couldn't get the front wheels to kick in at all....
Something's seriously wrong; can't help with what it is, but as an example I had all four wheels spinning on my R33 gtr (v-spec) going up a hill today in second gear. Sweet! :D

If you boot it, then you should see torque going to the front wheels on the torque gauge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts