Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

On doing some tidying up on the engine bay I have noticed that my coolant overflow is empty.

Very quick back story I purchased the car 12 months ago, it hasn't run for a number of years and has been stored. I am slowing going through everything swapping fluids, dealing with rust and the other issues stopping it from getting back on the road.

My question is I have searched a lot on here for a definitive answer to coolant but I've become confused. I just wanted to top up the over flow for now then do a full change when I'm closer to getting it to drive. I've checked the radiator and its a nice green which I'm guessing may well be Nissan coolant ?

My confusion is like the title says what coolant can I top up with ? Also when I come to change what can I use ?
The better half works at Halfords so was going to take advantage and get it from there with the discount.

They sell Comma Coolant in green which is a silicate, a pink which is Si-OAT with glycerin finally a blue which is silicate. What do I go for ?

My car is a 1993 R33 GTSt which by the looks of it is still or original coolant hoses and its on its original radiator.

If you've made it this far thankyou for reading and look forward to any help on this.

Ash

·
A rebel with a cause
213 Posts
Hi All,

On doing some tidying up on the engine bay I have noticed that my coolant overflow is empty.

Very quick back story I purchased the car 12 months ago, it hasn't run for a number of years and has been stored. I am slowing going through everything swapping fluids, dealing with rust and the other issues stopping it from getting back on the road.

My question is I have searched a lot on here for a definitive answer to coolant but I've become confused. I just wanted to top up the over flow for now then do a full change when I'm closer to getting it to drive. I've checked the radiator and its a nice green which I'm guessing may well be Nissan coolant ?

My confusion is like the title says what coolant can I top up with ? Also when I come to change what can I use ?
The better half works at Halfords so was going to take advantage and get it from there with the discount.

They sell Comma Coolant in green which is a silicate, a pink which is Si-OAT with glycerin finally a blue which is silicate. What do I go for ?

My car is a 1993 R33 GTSt which by the looks of it is still or original coolant hoses and its on its original radiator.

If you've made it this far thankyou for reading and look forward to any help on this.

Ash
All I can tell you is you cannot mix red/pink with either green or blue !

You can mix green & blue no problems or you can use Preston which can be mixed with all of them.

For now I would just top it up with water, if you are changing it before Autumn/Winter

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All I can tell you is you cannot mix red/pink with either green or blue !

You can mix green & blue no problems or you can use Preston which can be mixed with all of them.

For now I would just top it up with water, if you are changing it before Autumn/Winter
Hi R33 STEVE,

Thankyou very much for the response. Apologise in getting back to you. spent the the weekend just gone working on the Sills what a nightmare. I’ve had to order replacement sills.

Ash

1 - 4 of 4 Posts