Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know the correct wheel & tyre size for an R33? My speedo is out badly. Wheel size is 17 x 9 with 235/45 front & 255/40 rear tyres. There is an active thread on this on the GTR register but i thought id ask over here as well.

·
Needs a self cleaning car
1,455 Posts
I think

That the GTS 25t had 16" alloys as stock.

My GTS was imported with 18 x 8's rolling on 215 / 40 / 18 at 34 psi. No problems, looked the nutz.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi,

Newbie here.

If you are after the size for a GTS - then it is 16 inch 5 spoke alloy - just like the S14 200sx. The tyre size I think was 205/55/16. In fact if need be I could go and dig them out from the cellar but will only do so if absolutely necessary. I am just too lazy. In any event when i had the standard items on traction was a serious problem :D :D

Swapping to 18s and 255 rear with 235 front made a huge difference.

Yuk.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys,should be able to work out the rolling diameter from that.

jae or anyone do you know what sort of pressure i should have in my tyres? Sizes as above.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If anyones having speeedo trouble & thinks their tyres are out then check this place out. All credit to skylinegirl for this. tyre calc

·
Needs a self cleaning car
1,455 Posts
Sorry Eddie

Missed your reply.

My 18's ran at 34 psi, so on the 1" dia = 2psi rule, yours should be at 32 psi or so.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks JAE.
Had a mate clock me down the A1 yesterday. When he was doing 70mph my clock was showing.........wait for it........................................................................................................59!!!!!
According to the tyre calc im only 0.6% slow on the rear & 1.8% slow on the fronts.
Something is very wrong.
Anybody else feel like they`re going faster than the clocks showing?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts