Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
tonight i had a corsa up my arse up to 130mph on a track. getting me thinking my car is shagged anyway pulled this vauxhall nut over and his corsa was stripped out,buckets roll cage etc and 2litre eng conversion.but surely even though my r33gtst is standard(fmic,blitz filter and hks silent ext)i should have easly had the edge in a 2.5 straight six turbo?ive just got rid of my wrx stage 1 upgrades and sti internals running .9 bar boost which seemed quick as frig id raced m3s and danced over plenty of porches.am i expecting to much from my skyline as i am a virgin to these or is something up with it? it does seem to hessitate pre hi-boost i have cleaned afm,plugs and idle valve I REALY NEED SOMEONE WHO OWNS A SKYLINE TO TEST DRIVE MINE TO SEE IF IT IS OK(north east)tommorow i am going to check spark plug gap(.8 i think)to see if this is affecting performance(can i set irridium plugs)also do the high boost setting i recall earth the black cable i think.SICK AS [email protected] now i think i should have kepped my wrx as i feel the r33 is slow someone please sort my head out.sorry for the essay :( :( :( :swear: :( :(

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
if corsaman was doing 130 you should have done 175:) or more,but make sure you only do that on the track:bananadie:

·
London stand up tall
2,440 Posts
upgrade and do the following

turbo elbow
downpipe
de-cat
boost controller set to 0.8 bar
r32 gtr clutch
apexi power fc
set up on a rolling road (rising sun are good)
then see how long the little **** sits behind ya :devil:

·
Registered
812 Posts
this sounds like treasach, lol, treasach rang me last week saying his mate in a seat leon cupra was keeping up with him all the way and he wondered if something was up with his car, ive been out in traesach's and ive been out in chrisbrowns and the difference was amazing and dont think chrisbrowns (being the faster of the 2) had that many more mods... as i said to treasach 'remember the the tuning potential of a skyline which makes it a skyline' treasach would have happily met with you as hes concerned about his but unfortunetly hes on holiday for 2 weeks,, but im sure some 1 willl be willing to help :)

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
did it hurt? the corsa being up your arse!! you must know jenna jamerson to do that

·
Registered
441 Posts
You'd be surprised what a 2.0 vauxhall engine is actually capable of - and a stripped out corsa is around 850kg, which is a damn sight lighter than a 1400kg skyline. Power to weight wise, they can be surprising

·
London stand up tall
2,440 Posts
^ yeah agreed i had a striped out two litre clio williams, and my mates had the same sort of things small cars with 2ltr engines..205's/corsa's ect and after 130-135mph (on a track ;)) they really do slow down, and it feels dangerous doing those speeds in cars that wernt made for it aswell

·
Registered
441 Posts
^ lol..... I fookin love the 205 gti shame they keep getting ruined by the big bodykits and stuff
Me too. Had 2 of em now, really regret selling the last one as it was just soooo much fun. Maybe when the R32 breaks I'll get another one for a runaround til I fix it :werd:

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
tonight i had a corsa up my arse up to 130mph on a track. getting me thinking my car is shagged anyway pulled this vauxhall nut over and his corsa was stripped out,buckets roll cage etc and 2litre eng conversion.but surely even though my r33gtst is standard(fmic,blitz filter and hks silent ext)i should have easly had the edge in a 2.5 straight six turbo?ive just got rid of my wrx stage 1 upgrades and sti internals running .9 bar boost which seemed quick as frig id raced m3s and danced over plenty of porches.am i expecting to much from my skyline as i am a virgin to these or is something up with it? it does seem to hessitate pre hi-boost i have cleaned afm,plugs and idle valve I REALY NEED SOMEONE WHO OWNS A SKYLINE TO TEST DRIVE MINE TO SEE IF IT IS OK(north east)tommorow i am going to check spark plug gap(.8 i think)to see if this is affecting performance(can i set irridium plugs)also do the high boost setting i recall earth the black cable i think.SICK AS [email protected] now i think i should have kepped my wrx as i feel the r33 is slow someone please sort my head out.sorry for the essay :( :( :( :swear: :( :(

Well you have just said your car is more or less std, so take on board the fact you still stayed ahead in a std car. Also think how much matey has spent on his corsa. Like has been said a thousand times 250ish bhp is nothing major these days, and those 2ltr corsas are quick cars. If you get your gtst to stage 1 you will see a big difference, i ran mine like that for 2+yrs and it ran faultless and performed very well indeed.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
You'd be surprised what a 2.0 vauxhall engine is actually capable of - and a stripped out corsa is around 850kg, which is a damn sight lighter than a 1400kg skyline. Power to weight wise, they can be surprising
Agreed there is some V6 Corsa's around here thanks to a certain garage, they fit right in apperantly. They go like stink but hit a corner and they just don't handle well with all that weight in the front. plus they never upgrade the brakes :nono:

As said, POWER TO WEIGHT is something you must think about !!!

although I have too admit I would also be gutted, but then again I would just think OK lets get this beast tuned properly and then see what the nanny car brigade can do !!!! That Corsa will be at it's height of power a couple of mods and you'll have no worries.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
the C20xe engine is a good'un 150bhp as standard small mods can help loads with it as well, my mates currently puttin one in a nova and is also planning on running 75bhp of nos, should be interesting when he gets that out my r33 is [email protected] so should be interesting in a straight line but i wanna see his over weighted front end tackle a roundabout!!!!

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
you not seen the two engined corsa in redline, 450 bhp EACH!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
the term "polished turd" comes to mind. at the end of the day its still a corsa..

1 - 20 of 42 Posts