Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Shake and Bake !!
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel very sorry for those of you who live in Hampshire. I've now been to 4 different garages since I spend quite a lot of time in Hampshire although dont live there. I've been to the shell garage in Bordon (quite possibly the most expensive fuel in the UK), I've been to the BP in Farnham, the words "Eff me" spring to mind. The Total garage for their Exellim stuff was even more shocking. I also had the pleasure of going to the Frimley Shell Garage for Vpower the other day. Guildford is 97p I think or somewhere around there, might even be lower. The Frimley garage charged 105p !!!! :crazy:
I was so stunned I had to have a go at the cashier, who basically said it was the garage owner who sets the prices.
Does anyone know if there is a reason Hampshire is SOOOOOO expensive for Vpower or derivative there of ? Is it just greed of the francisee or is it cost of getting the fuel there ? I notice there aren't that many Shell garages, or garages that do performance fuel at all, perhaps thats it.

·
Registered
917 Posts
haha yeh hampshire is expensive mate. Alton bp ultimate is 98p, Ropely shell garage down road from RSP is 96p i belive.
Essex is cheap though. Tesco 99ron in pitsea near basildon was 89p last time i was down and normal unleaded is mega cheap 86p.

i say mega cheap cause it is for uk prices.

My day trip to france 3weeks back though showed me that petty there is stupid price aswell.
1euro 30 for super in some places on route from calais to brugge. think the 1 shell garage i see all day was 1euro40. prob wouldn't have been so bad if the exchange rate wasn't almost 1to1 pounds to euros

1 - 3 of 3 Posts