Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Scotland Area Rep Aberdeenshire
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
gents need your help with this

Gents I have being think of doing this for a long time a national meet in Ireland we all do runs in local areas it would be good to do a run in a other place with all skyline owners this will take all reps to get in involved in this as this could be the biggest run ever done out of the England and SCOTLAND and Wales i would expect up to 50 t0 60 cars going over to Ireland even up to 100 hundred could be possible if the reps make this the biggest thing for next year the Irish boys could help with runs and camp sits also meets I was thinking of 4 to 5 days camping would be the best for keeping the cost down what do you think of this I need comment on this so this could happen

·
West Ireland Area Rep
99 Posts
What were you thinking? Do you want to incorporate a few sights while over, do you want to time it when some of the Irish car shows are on? I'll certainly help/advise where I can..Feel free to PM for any details...

·
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this is in the very early planning stage we will need dates so i will put a poll up for best month then narrow it down to a date from that then try and work out cost of the trip do we need to book the boat in advance and cost

·
East Ireland Area Rep
6,701 Posts
we did try to do it the other way a while go but nobody could afford the boat prices, they have gone up through the roof lately!

count me in to help pending dates

·
North highlands area rep
7,857 Posts
What were you thinking? Do you want to incorporate a few sights while over, do you want to time it when some of the Irish car shows are on? I'll certainly help/advise where I can..Feel free to PM for any details...
a few days sight seeing camping on the way and incorporate irish car shows would be perfect. so when do you guys have the biggest show on.

·
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
gents i have been asked a question about fuel

Just been thinking. What's the fuel situation like over in Ireland? I have only been there once and saw that the the price of petrol and diesel was rather expensive. They also they don't have much in the way of 99ron, which I think might stop quite a few coming along if people have had their cars mapped on higher octane fuel.

can you answer this thanks

·
Surrey Area Rep
667 Posts
hay Eric

i had a chat with the reps near me! and all seemed up for it

i did post up on one of you many site posts

once in there whats the plan!

if you want people involved they need excitement things to do ect

Day 1 whats the plan
Day 2
Day 3 and so on

build the day people will follow mate we have made some massive contacts after the london to brighton we can help you just need to know what the whole idea is first

·
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes to many sit posts we need to get one

would there be possibility that we could have a thread that covers all areas i keep having to jump over to different areas to answer points about this and having a signal point ( thread about this ) would help that covers all areas

·
Surrey Area Rep
667 Posts
Ps Camping might not be the best option remember we are in skylines with bags tents Ect not much room if you get a list group bookings at hotels arn't that expensive

·
Surrey Area Rep
667 Posts
yes to many sit posts we need to get one

would there be possibility that we could have a thread that covers all areas i keep having to jump over to different areas to answer points about this and having a signal point ( thread about this ) would help that covers all areas

look at my london to brighton event page this really worked ! kept all the info in one place then made one other page i just kept updating both pages as needed

·
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hay Eric

i had a chat with the reps near me! and all seemed up for it

i did post up on one of you many site posts

once in there whats the plan!

if you want people involved they need excitement things to do ect

Day 1 whats the plan
Day 2
Day 3 and so on

build the day people will follow mate we have made some massive contacts after the london to brighton we can help you just need to know what the whole idea is first
yes that sound like the way ahead after your great run there London to Brighton i will need all the help i can get for this from you thanks as it gets bigger it will be harder to keep a track of everyone and everything, it would be good if we can have just one thread that covers this and all areas

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
gents i have been asked a question about fuel

Just been thinking. What's the fuel situation like over in Ireland? I have only been there once and saw that the the price of petrol and diesel was rather expensive. They also they don't have much in the way of 99ron, which I think might stop quite a few coming along if people have had their cars mapped on higher octane fuel.

can you answer this thanks
Not sure on the south of Ireland but up here in the north the best your going to get readily is 97ron (bp ultimate etc) i havent seen 99 here :(

If memory serves the last time i took the skyline down south, all i could find was 95ron when i was pottering around dublin :( so had to use that to get me back up north

·
East Ireland Area Rep
6,701 Posts
Not sure on the south of Ireland but up here in the north the best your going to get readily is 97ron (bp ultimate etc) i havent seen 99 here :(

If memory serves the last time i took the skyline down south, all i could find was 95ron when i was pottering around dublin :( so had to use that to get me back up north
95RON only down here which all has 5%ethanol

approx 1.56 per litre, thats euro....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts