Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, i've got everything off on the turbo side of the engine, but i still need to disconnect stuff on the opposite side.
Not quite sure where the loom disconnects at? Is there just the one plug to seperate the engine?
Also, i'm not sure where to start with the fuel rail? Just disconnect the fuel like going into the engine bay?

Many thanks to everyone who has already PM'd me with help and advice so far!! Not quite as bad a job as i thought :40oz:

·
Registered
55 Posts
if you are taking gearbox out too then disconnect the plugs from under the fuse box and the 2 size 12 nuts on the 2 positives going to the fuse box and just follow them down and open the plastic clips holding the loom to the chassis, with that done the starter loom can stay on the engine. to disconnect the engine loom start at the cam angle sensor and follow this loom back along to the temp sensors, the injector loom, the idle valve, the the coil pack loom just disconnect as you go. other than this you onle have a couple of fuel and vacuum and breather pipes and dont forget the 2 water pipes going to the heater matrix

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that mate, should all make sense when I get stuck back into it today.

Is the gearbox easy enough seperated from the drive shaft?

·
Registered
55 Posts
yea 4 size 14 bolts at the first join and 1 more thing to remember best to remove the 2 steel power steering pipes from the back of the rack as the gearbox tends to catch these when being lifted out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts