Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
reading some new posts and heard that r32 gts-t already boosts at .8bar, is this correct, if so is there any point gettin a boost controller till i get an uprated turbo

also, if i have

cat back (currently on)
de-cat, downpipe, turboelbow etc
manifold
hks induction (currently on)
and fmic

will it overfuel the car, from what ive been reading i think this may be the case, so should i then have the car mapped?

also what do you reckon the car would run? bp and tourqe wise

cheers all

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
reading some new posts and heard that r32 gts-t already boosts at .8bar, is this correct, if so is there any point gettin a boost controller till i get an uprated turbo

also, if i have

cat back (currently on)
de-cat, downpipe, turboelbow etc
manifold
hks induction (currently on)
and fmic

will it overfuel the car, from what ive been reading i think this may be the case, so should i then have the car mapped?

also what do you reckon the car would run? bp and tourqe wise

cheers all
hi johnathan.....the standard boost is in 2 stages 1st stage is .4bar and second stage comes in at around 5,000rpm is .5-6 bar, if you put a boost controller on it will enable you to increase boost to .85bar and with those mods yes it will overfuel, you can put an apexi-neo (piggy back ecu) on and that will deal with the overfuelling and give you more power.power wise 270bhp i guess. richard at rising sun will supply you a apexi and re=map it if you need to mate....:D

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so it is lower. didn know they had the two stages.

well ill get them mods, but i reckon ill be gettin the apexi and it mapped soon as its going to be bad enough on fuel anyways haha.

cheers mate

·
bla
17,374 Posts
If your going for big power, then you may as well get an apexi power fc. Fully mapable ecu.. :D Group buy section... :)

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dont think ill be going for big power. prob wont go over 300.

well i say that haha

can the standard ecu be mapped as a cheaper option till i would have funds again for apexi etc

·
bla
17,374 Posts
cool when did rsp finally start it??? Are they the only people who can do it???

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cool, that just may be a cheap option compared to apexi, would it be?
just get it working right and then get other things sorted on car, few restoration things etc.

rsp are sotuh england based arnt they, so same a gtsttypem says

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
so it is lower. didn know they had the two stages.

well ill get them mods, but i reckon ill be gettin the apexi and it mapped soon as its going to be bad enough on fuel anyways haha.

cheers mate
I think Bigchief misread the post. Only the R33 has the 2 stage. The RB20 just boost to .8 bar. The stock turbo has ceramic internals so that's as high as you want to go. If you fit another turbo with steel internals, you'll be able to go up to 1 bar, or higher with supporting mods. The HKS 2530 seems to be one of the prefered turbos for the RB20. From what I read on various forums, it's matched very well to the engine.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so there would be no point in a boost contraoller until i got the uprated turbo.
you know what bar can be put through the hks 2530 with sufficent engine mods to cope out of intrest? will this be as you said 1 bar?

and also, if i just got the ecu remapped, what would i be looking at as cost compared to apexi and remap?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
would having the full exhaust, induction and fmic cause the boost to raise?

i have heard peoples boost raising when they fit an exhaust for instance, and thus would this be dangerous? if the gts- is already so near its limit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts