Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right I'm changing my wanted pump next week and I got everything apart from a pully puller. Will one of the universal ones that look like chickens feet work? I've looked around and can't find a yes or no answer.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I bought a universal one from local cr part supplier.Get a decent one though.The only issue i had is it was very close to the fmic.The more room you have the better.I always find buying the best tools you can afford saves money further down the line.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Just take your time when removing it.Plenty of copper grease when putting it back on helps too in case of future work.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah ill tease it off slowly dont want to be greaking the key off the shaft ahah. is there anything i need to keep an eye out for? i read somewhere about a half moon key?

·
Registered
811 Posts
The key should stay in the crank but can be removed but it will probably be stuck a little...just keep the pulley alighned with the key when refitting.Its all pretty simple if you are careful.Its also worth cleaning the end of the crank.I found after removing mine i had a hard gum/film on it which once cleaned off help when putting it all back.

·
No longer a rep :( but still here :)
6,432 Posts
Got mine from machine mart in a set thing it was about £20

Can sort you a link out if you need it

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just bought one from ebay, is 20 something in machine mart was on there for 8.50 :)
and thats great ill just make sure i lay a white sheet ot something down so if anything falls itll be easy to see!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts