Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a bearing or a bushing on the end of the crank shaft that supports the input shaft on the gearbox ? Mine is worn down and causing play in the shaft. Will i only get one fron nissan ? Need it in a hurry

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure about the play in the input shaft. Was out with the mechanic earlier. He just gave me the ring that he took out which looks like there should be more to it. he said that the input shaft is about half an inch thick but the centre of this is about 3 quarters of an inch. I changed my gearbox years back from auto to manual and could be possible that they put this in wrong. tryin to get pics off my phone of the bearing or whats left just looks like a steel ring

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
Not sure about the play in the input shaft. Was out with the mechanic earlier. He just gave me the ring that he took out which looks like there should be more to it. he said that the input shaft is about half an inch thick but the centre of this is about 3 quarters of an inch. I changed my gearbox years back from auto to manual and could be possible that they put this in wrong. tryin to get pics off my phone of the bearing or whats left just looks like a steel ring
that sounds like the spiggot bearing that is used in auto's, they aint used in manuals mate....

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
but if i buy another box im still left with the same problem as its on the crank end not part of the gearbox. So can i go to nissan and buy a spiggot bearing to fit

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can anyone give me the spigot bearing number or sizes. Nssan wont have one in for weeks so have to try elsewhere. A place beside me does bearings maybe could get a bearing there if i had the sizes.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers mate but had to order one today and paying through the nose for it to get it by early next week. Thanks anyway. How much out of interest ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts