Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Alloy Junkie
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Im getting around 160miles to a full tank, which is about 40 off what i normally get. Car idles ok, but has developed a little flat spot at low revs.

Possible Lamda sensor i was thinking?

Is there anything else obvious i should be checking? Spark plugs maybe?

Also, anyone know anywhere that i can get a O2 sensor? ;)

Thanks guys

·
Alloy Junkie
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keith,

You must of forgot to put your glasses on this morning :D

l
l
l
\/​

·
User of V-power
1,112 Posts
could try changing O2 sensor for a cheap one, i got one not long ago for £17 and it sorted my lack of MPG (was getting 200 to a tank) , I can get 300 to 340 to a full tank now although mine is a basically STD GTSt with only slight mods.

Cheers
Dazzler

·
Registered
369 Posts
Poor MPG

Yes,

Most likely cause is dodgy lambda

Is the back of your car black through fumes? I have a white GTR and the back would get black when the Lambda was faulty [email protected]@dy nightmare. I could also smell the fuel on idle and it was pretty flat below 3000rpm

Kev

·
Alloy Junkie
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TFS,

What do you mean they dont fit? Will the wires have to be cut and repliced? Or does it physically not reach :p

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
they are the right size for a 33, 32 and 33 have different size sensors though

there are two diferent types but BOTH work on either with a few wiring changes

guide supplied on page 2 of rebuild thread

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
160 miles is it i stuggled to get 100 miles to a full tank last week and mine is basically standard. nothing to do with me redlining it constantely since fitting my japspeed screamer pipe:bigthumb:

·
Registered
812 Posts
Be interesting to see how things pan out at the rolling road day Nino, I get about 250 miles to a tank, have black crap all around my exhaust and mostly drive like Miss Daisy (Fife Police are having a major crackdown on naughty drivers at the moment)

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts