Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it was a merry christmas til about an hour ago.... Now its not so good since my car is fcuked.....

Dropped off my sister's friend and was driving home down the back roads near my parents' place, doing about 40-50 round a bad section when a huge fookin' black dog ran out in fornt of me and turned for the car. Hit the brakes and swerved to avoid it but was off balance due to bad camber on a twisty S bend.

Result.... Straight up a kerb and into a 5 foot fence. Hit the fence post on the passenger side of the bumper, took it out, sailed thru it and landed in the field sideways.

Took out the bumper, wing, passenger side skirt, wing mirror and I dread to think maybe something underneath. Fence post went off windscreen but somehow, I don't know how, it didn't break the glass. Barbed wire made a lovely mess of the bonnet, light, wing and 'A' post.

Guess I am thankful that I am ok, but it just reminded me that I FCUKIN HATE CHRISTMAS.

Fingers crossed I can get the parts and my insurance company will let me arrange the repairs......

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Mine has been a mixed bag too. Write the year of wind it up and forget the fecker. Nothing ever looks quite as bad a few days down the line.

·
Premium Member
4,436 Posts
dude, sorry to hear it mate. If I see the dog, I shall make sure I shoot it, run it over and wheel spin on its head.
Cash in lieu from the insurance company is a good idea. Any plans for body kit etc.

Moff

·
Administrator
4,233 Posts
what a fecker! They say you should never swerved to avoid an animal, but that's definately easier said than done. Natural reaction to swerve I reckon.

Bad luck buddy, best wishes for the new year!!!

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Really sorry to hear that Jock... Lets hope santa can do a second visit and help sort your car out for ya..!!!

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Dude I'm so sorry to hear that. Yours is one of the nicest R32 GTS-Ts I've ever seen. Wish there was something I could do. One thing I can say is that I THINK Ron Kiddel still has the Black R32 GTS-T on an H plate (Minus the engine) That My mate used to own. As far as I know the engine is gone but the car is still there and in tact. Give him a ring first thing Monday morning.

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
bad luck mate...if you want a bit of mechanical sympathy..speak to Richard and ask him what happened when a deer ran out in front of him.....

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Sorry to hear that! Glad to hear you are ok though. :(

(if the insurance company try and insist on their approved repairs tell them you wont be re-newing with them, they'll change their tune then).

·
Registered
450 Posts
So sorry to here that mate, there is a 32 gts in Simpson Bros salvage near York, CLICK. this car is damaged on the drivers side, last time i was there the bonnet, bummer, skirt and passenger door were all still on the car.

Just a thought, if you need me to go and have a look i'm not at work til 5th of Jan, if they're open i could go check.

Best wishes, Mark.

·
G-SPORT DRAG GTS
231 Posts
that sux, sorry to hear about your car and on christmas day too. guess that's 2 off us of the road for xmas then...
btw...hitting something with the mass of a dog from the front does it's fair share of damage...you were right to try and avoid it.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys....... I am pretty sure the mess would been bigger if I had hit the mutt, it was a big fecker. Unless the bottom half of the fence caused mech damage underneath, she will be back on the road soon. Checking out that salvage link, and gonna speak to RK on monday and see how it goes.

·
Banned
5,443 Posts
Jock, that is is a bummer mate. Glad to hear your wanting to get the beast fixed. You know what they say about keeping a good man down an all that. Keep yer chin up mate, all will be okay in the end.

Here is an idea for you. How about we put your engine in my Celica and create a beast, we could car share, how about that. :)

Kris

E

·
0 Posts
Bloody drink drivers :rolleyes: get away with murder & you haven`t even got it in you to kill a dog to save your car. Unlucky Jock & killing the dog might sound fookin nasty but i bet given the choice...............it would be pancake.
Bit drunk so sorry if this sounds out of order. lalala

·
Member No 2.
666 Posts
Bummer

Stew,
Looks like it's not the year for GTS's, mine I thought was superficial, but they decided to write the car off!. The damage was the drivers side wing, front light, bumper and bonnet, but the Insurance company said the parts would cost over £5000!!, and would take over 2 months to arrive, I am sure that I could have got the parts cheaper and in quicker time. This now means that no more Skyline and a poor payout!!!.

Good luck, And I still pine for the car. Take it from me, try and deal with this yourself, don't go through the Insurance unless you want 3 years knocked off your NCD and told that they won't insure you again for the same type of car!!, I have never had an accident before in over 15 years driving with over 7 years NCD, Yet I was made to feel that I was a reckless driver when told that I wouldn't be insured again for the car!.

Paul.:(

E

·
0 Posts
tigger said:
speak to Richard and ask him what happened when a deer ran out in front of him.....
Speaking from experience of working in a bodyshop (as rich) i have seen 1st hand & repaired the damage a deer made to the front of an rs turbo so maybe it was best you swerved jock. Theyr`e about dog size & **** do they hurt the car. Sounds like you only have panel & pride damage. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, the dog woulda made a fookin big mess for sure.... Pretty sure its only superficial damage, and with my folks being in the car and insurance trade up here in miserable scotland I'll have it back on the road soon hopefully.

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
After reading one of the posts earlier in the topic (Can't be arsed to look back and see who made it I'm too tired. lol) you won't need to say anything to the insurance company to ensure you can have it repaired elsewhere. They can't legally force you as far as I can remember to have the repairs done anywhere. When my orion got rear ended they tried it on with me and I sought advice from another insurance company. Faced with me telling them they couldn't legally do it they backed down and it was repaired locally at half the cost. Again I'm really sorry for you mate.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts