Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was made redundant back in august last year I've tryied in vain too get a job infact I've applied for over 600 and have had one interview. To get buy I've been fortunant too have two insurance to help although these should have been payied out 30 days after the date I was made reduntant how ever yesturday I reseveied the final payment 6 month late and by cheque. Now I o a bill to the ****** due yestuday ALREADY there are demanding I pay then after ONE day try waiting six months you little fu**ers SIX months!!! your have to wait until the cheque clears now so thats another 4 days and stop ringing me or I will leave the country and your get jack

So annoying I've had nothing but hassle from every one insurance job center banks God I took the insurance out to protect me and make it a bit easyer who pays when you carnt well it sure weren't them I kept up the payment for the first three months out of my own savings while you lost my paper work 3 times maybe ill see you in court for a whole array of things plus I have more time to spend on this as I have no job

Rant over

·
Terry
1,995 Posts
Thats how life seems to be doesnt it? you do your best you pay your way you take out insurance and when it hits the fan you get shafted anyway. There is no compassion from any institution these days you are just a number and their computers chuck out its crap regardless.

You try to help yourself and lose out. Yet there are those who do nothing and get everything given to them. Our country sucks.

I feel for you bud, there seems to be no way of avoiding the calls unless you unplug the phone and block up the letter box, draw the curtains and hide under the covers...

·
On the other side of the world in a 5.4ltr V8!
1,191 Posts
I know the feeling fella.

I lost my job in November and set about claiming on my mortgage insurance. I was left without a job and I didnt get a redundancy notice or termination of employment etc.. did even get my final wage. Started my claim on the 10th Dec and only friday last week I finally got a decision on the payout! 4 months it took them! I was 3 months behind on the mortgage!

Unfortunately (depending how you look at it) I am now in the position where I am better off not working. :crazy: house is being paid for, council tax is paid for, i get money each week for sitting on my backside. Now I have paid into the system since I was 15 so I am taking what I can as I only have to last until sept before I go.... and I can certainly live like this!

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know the feeling fella.

I lost my job in November and set about claiming on my mortgage insurance. I was left without a job and I didnt get a redundancy notice or termination of employment etc.. did even get my final wage. Started my claim on the 10th Dec and only friday last week I finally got a decision on the payout! 4 months it took them! I was 3 months behind on the mortgage!

Unfortunately (depending how you look at it) I am now in the position where I am better off not working. :crazy: house is being paid for, council tax is paid for, i get money each week for sitting on my backside. Now I have paid into the system since I was 15 so I am taking what I can as I only have to last until sept before I go.... and I can certainly live like this!
I hear you mate i total hear you

Im in the same boat im better off not working hows that work?????

Ive explained it to so many people that say go and work in tescos or asda

You no i would if it was finachally viable

But i need a job that will pay the bills or i might aswell just sit hear and let the insurance company pay up infact because ive been screwed over i feel like i should do just that anyway but im getting board sitting on my jake jones all day

Heres what i say

Would you take a job that didnt pay/cover the rent mortgage or loans NO you wouldnt

Would you change your job to get payied less NO you wouldnt

Yet people still can not get it through there thick heads why?

ITS NOT THAT I DONT WANT TO ITS JUST IT DONT EVEN COVER THE MIN PAYMENT ON THE CREDIT CARD

·
On the other side of the world in a 5.4ltr V8!
1,191 Posts
I hear you mate i total hear you

Im in the same boat im better off not working hows that work?????

Ive explained it to so many people that say go and work in tescos or asda

You no i would if it was finachally viable

But i need a job that will pay the bills or i might aswell just sit hear and let the insurance company pay up infact because ive been screwed over i feel like i should do just that anyway but im getting board sitting on my jake jones all day

Heres what i say

Would you take a job that didnt pay/cover the rent mortgage or loans NO you wouldnt

Would you change your job to get payied less NO you wouldnt

Yet people still can not get it through there thick heads why?

ITS NOT THAT I DONT WANT TO ITS JUST IT DONT EVEN COVER THE MIN PAYMENT ON THE CREDIT CARD

exactly! I need a minimum amount each month and unfortunately the jobs in my area (licensing trade) dont pay the amount I need to live. No I havent lived outside my means, I was on a comfortable wage and didnt expend myself, been there done that and learnt, but now, after working my arse off all my life I am now taking my time to get another job that A: I want and B: can live off.

the only down side is I cant afford to run the skyline so thats tucked up in my garage (currently in bits) and I'm getting all the oddjobs done on it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
In the same ship here (would say boat but the thing would of sunk with the amount of people now on board!).

Was living by myself for over a year, could JUST cover rent, bills, travel etc. Gf moved in, we were comfortable for a couple months then she got made redundant and i got cut back hours at work, within 1 month lost all my savings just to break even, complained at work and got back some hours to where i now fall about £100 shy of bills every month. Not because i live above my means but because EVERYTHING went up in price (train fares went up 11 bloody percent!) but i didnt get a pay rise due to 'cutbacks'... wouldnt have to make cut backs if everything stayed the same price!

So anyways, here i am slowly getting in debt when a year ago i was actually able to save and now i've got two people in the house. Dont make sense!

·
Registered
434 Posts
The biggest problem with ASU (Accident, Sickness & unemployment) cover is that you have to go through a whole array of processes and provide evidence of what happened in order to qualify to make a claim.

Chances are in a lot of cases, people who have ASU cover either dont need it, or could never make a claim, thats the sad thing.

Dpack, is there no way the other half could get a job, even if it was something like bar work to get that extra £100 a month?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts