Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Not been on here in a while also. Its been a while since I last posted anything new on here!

Anyhow, my plan for sometime was to add cruise control to the 350GT from the Infiniti G35 that I am breaking. I have for some time now removed the steering column and steering wheel.

Other than swapping the steering wheel or simply just adding the controls for cruise control to the 350GT wheel, what else would be required to get the CC function added and working on the 350GT.

Im hoping this is a simple setup, has anyone attempted this or installed an aftermarket kit? I am trying to find a wiring diagram or functional diagram for the cruise control system, not much luck yet.

any help or suggestions welcome. thanks all

·
Super Moderator
8,968 Posts
I think you will find that you need the ECU from a cruse control car for it all to work, i know that you can add multiple maps with Up rev if you have cruse control, so that says to me its part of the ECU.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you will find that you need the ECU from a cruse control car for it all to work, i know that you can add multiple maps with Up rev if you have cruse control, so that says to me its part of the ECU.
Your probably right, the G35 engine is a Vq35de same as my skyline. I presume the ECU map would be the same and may have the function. I wont know for sure until i test it.

Investigating this yesterday it could be a number of other things that make it a little more complicated i.e wiring into the steering sensor audio/airbag controls, break pedal switch, not sure if the 350gt guage cluster comes with CC led so it may need swapping also possibility of having the function programmed in still too.

Already sounds like a lot of work, but small steps at a time need to keep investigating!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts