Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I checked the rates of exchange a few weeks ago, the rate was quite low, checked again today and its gone up even higher...so the pound is quite weak at the mo....any financial people out there know if we have been in a good position pound wise and now we are going back down again? guess this affects you if your looking to buy a car in Japan....not sure if its good to wait a while to see if the pound gets stronger against the yen?

N

·
0 Posts
Its 192 against the pound , thats tourist rate , if you go to the bank , ie to transer money , its 200 ish .
I cant see your problem , the rates go up and down like yo yo's
As a base figure i go on 185 to the pound.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
The pound has dropped against most currencies recently, mainly due to the Bank Of England shifting interest rates, which in turn has a knock on effect on exchange rates due to the effect it has on the Worlds Stock Exchanges..
There is due to be a shift in the not too distant future, but how soon this'll happen nobody knows...

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
I think you just have to take it as it comes, like NiteskyR says. If you're lucky on the day you save some wonga. It was 192 last year when I paid the deposit for my GTT, and about 185 when I paid the balance and I wished I had paid in full, but in fact its only about a £100 or so different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts