Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I have recently had fitted an Apexi power intake kit and new cambelt to my stock GTS-T, both were fitted at the same time.

For some reason when putting my foot down in 2nd gear it cuts out at 7000rpm. It wasn't doing this before the induction & cambelt was fitted!
The other gears seem to be ok, it's just 2nd gear is not peforming how it should.

Does anyone know why this is??

How can it be corrected??

·
Number 1 Monkey
591 Posts
First thing I would say is did you reset the ECU after fitting the intake?? The reason is that it would then adjust to suit the cars new airflow requirements.

other things....

Could be the fuel cut is kicking in on the car - especially now the weather is colder. Its a built in safety measure to protect the engine.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No I didn't do an ECU reset. Cheers for the advice. I will try that and see if makes any difference. Will let you know the outcome.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did an ECU reset, took it for a good 30min drive ensuring engine was properly warmed up before i throttled it it, and I "think" it's better now, now the revs just drop off slightly at 7000rpm, instead of a violent cut like before. I will keep an eye on it though.

Thanks again people.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts