Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need a bit of advice please.

turned my boost up this weekend to a reading of just under 7 on my dash boost gauge (hope this is safe boost) and (b4 clutch gave up the ghost) when i booted it, it began to cut out like it was hitting the rev limiter.
i presume this is because i have 1.1mm gap plugs in at mo and i believe they should be 0.8`S? are they being blown out per chance?
or is it a fuelling problem? i believe to little fuel is very dangerous for ur engine, if so, how/why?
also, if i have my boost running at this figure (7) would i need to install a fuel cut defender? if so which one?

what do think about replacing the fuel filter. cant hurt can it?

lastly, wot does anyone know about these "power boost valves" advertised everywhere. supposed to give 1.7 times quicker fuel pick up. could this be a sort of fuel cut defencer?
are they worth £100.00
any one fitted one?

look forward to any reply

nick
:D

·
Registered
3,716 Posts

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
that, i believe is essentially what i said last time... in fact i believe the comment i made was "dont be a penis"

I'd spend that £100 or so on some decent spark plugs because they will stop any problems you will have with mid range stutter etc when you do finally get it set up properly

I dont want to go through the whole 2 stage boost and VVT thing again, use the search funtion and have a read then see what you have set up

Paul

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Hmm yes overboost = fuel cut from the ECU, feels like a misfire.

Would a power boost valve help if I fitted one to my penis ?
Doubt they do em big enuf though :-(

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Buster,
Not my fault if you have a small one, penises come in a range of sizes you must have lucked out there mate

:D

·
Administrator
4,233 Posts
RoboPope said:
that, i believe is essentially what i said last time... in fact i believe the comment i made was "dont be a penis"

Paul
Indeed, but the referenced thread was referring to ecotec valves which are completely different to power boost valves, except for the fact they are both a waste of money. Either way, I guess your answer works ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts