Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
bigpower.co.uk
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience of changing these on a R32 GTR? One of the cars I'm looking at has damaged booties(apparently) If anyone knows prices as well that would be supercool :cheers:

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Lots of garages now have a tool that streches the new gaiter over the cv joint which can save loads of time and money in labour. The one garages have uses compressed air although there is another manual version you can buy.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Do it yourself for £15 a boot! I am going to order some up for mine. You don't have to remove the D/S or anything! - The gaiter has been specially designed with a tong and grooved seam down the length of it. Once wrapped around the joint and located the gaiter is Glued with special adhesive.
- Fully MOT authorised replacement kit costs just £14.95 & Vat and this includes free carriage to your door.
You can get them from here...

(Click 'Special Offers' on the left hand side of the page - then scroll down, it's the last one on the right - 6th row down.)

www.carparts-direct.co.uk

Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
772 Posts
If you want proper ones, get universal ones from a local motor factor, genuine Nissan ones are over £40 each, we had to do 4 on one of our '32's.

Alex B

1 - 5 of 5 Posts