Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok heres the story, its really snowy and icey where I live. Earlier on today my brother was out in his car and was caught on CCTV doing handbrake turns in a carpark

The Police have just been at the door and charged him with Dangerous Driving

Question 1: What do you think would be the outcome, how many points or how long a ban will he get. Hes 21, has 5 points, been driving for 4 years and his Job depends on his license

Question 2: Even though he confirmed that he was driving, what would happen if i go to the police and say i was driving and that he was only trying to protect me

Thanks

·
NBOOST
3,309 Posts
Years ago a mate of mine got done for drifting his S13 at a cruise in pontefract.
He got a 1 year ban and extended driving test when he got his license back. Can't remember if he got any points or not.

I think they threw the book at him though to try and set an example as the police were doing everything they could do to try and stop the cruises but they failed every week.

As for question 2 CCTV = pictures of driver can be had if they've got a decent shot so you'll just put yourself in a whole load of 5hit.

·
Administrator
25,973 Posts
he could say he was in the carpark practicing for if his car skidded out of control in the snow and ice????

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Jesus have they got nothing better to do ?

·
Administrator
25,973 Posts
SPEEDR33PER

Thank you, that is a brilliant point
mate its a very slim point and may piss them off more but as long as your brother doesnt try to deny it or such then he may get away lightly

·
Administrator
25,973 Posts
Will be a miracle if that works to be honest, they obviously must have had a quiet afternoon!
meh thats why i said its a thin arguement lol

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
He'd be best admitting being stupid and a tit and ask for the fact that his work depends on his license. He may be able to get away with just points and a fine.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
He's just gonna have to take it on the Chin.

Get a lawyer envolved and he might get it down to a section 59 and due care and attention.

Best here get around a £200 fine and 5 points and a 3-6 month ban, if they really want to go for him upto £1000 fine, 6 points and a 18 month to 2 year ban.

I wouldn't go for Steve's Idea, Never admit to anything.

He needs to get his boss to write a letter confirming just how important his licence is to his job.

·
Administrator
25,973 Posts
He's just gonna have to take it on the Chin.

Get a lawyer envolved and he might get it down to a section 59 and due care and attention.

Best here get around a £200 fine and 5 points and a 3-6 month ban, if they really want to go for him upto £1000 fine, 6 points and a 18 month to 2 year ban.

I wouldn't go for Steve's Idea, Never admit to anything.

He needs to get his boss to write a letter confirming just how important his licence is to his job.
i dunno mate if he does own up to it and not try to worm his way out it he may get a lighter fine,i got caught doing 93 in a 30 many years ago (duel carriageway 3am bone dry but no excuse for my part) however when they done me point to point they clocked me at 56, now in the back of the car after the usual yarn they asked how i pleaded and i pleaded guilty straight away and the look on the officers face was priceless :rofl:

when i got my summons in for court i sent my license away with me admitting my guilt and i only got 3 points and 100 pound fine, i know from someone else that another person got royally screwed that same day for going slower all because he tried to be smart and worm his way out of it.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
i got done many moons ago doing 56 (might have been 58! cant remember!!) in a 30 zone, only 200 yards from home, was dark, 10:30 at night, roads were dead, and damp i suppose, but only me around, certainly no kids about etc, but i was bang to rights caught in the act, anyhow, pleaded guilty by post, as a justice of the peace told me that gets you a 1/3 removed, due to saving police time etc

got £195 fine, 6 points

i believe the moral of my story is, you get less for being underage and stealing a car stoned off your face having watched police camera action!!

anyhow, now hes admitted it was him, hes had it either way

id have gone for the old it wasnt me, someone has twinned my car up approach and crossed every digit i possess!

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
speak to a solicitor first.

However, speedreepers plan may work.

Something along the lines that you was practicing skid control. You have never drove in the snow before and was seeing how the car reacted, yes you may of gone over the top?

However you chose a carpark to do this in rather than a public road.

Was this a private carpark or a council owned carpark? I dont think you can be done in a private place?

Was the carpark empty or occupied? More fool you if it was occupied but if it was empty then maybe you will get a break from the law and they will throw it out?

solicitor needed mate.

or you could try the blag that your handbreak was faulty and kept engagining while leaving the car park! You have now had the problem fixed? A court of law has to look at all possible solutions of what MAY of happened! :funny:

·
Seasoned Member
1,199 Posts
a mate ov mine has been doin the samething tonight on courthouse car park (barnsley) and got a 171 from the evil men with funny shaped hats and said if they catch him again doin anything to get anuther they take car off him n hell afta pay fine for it been in the compound

wardy

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
just a small point but a worthwhile one i feel,if his job and livelyhood depend on his driving license whats he doing acting the tit in a carpark?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts