Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which LED's am I needing for the big illumination light holders as I need to cure THIS:

:crazy:

·
Germany East/Central Nord Rhein Westfalen
3,039 Posts
Great find lads this looks really good.

·
Free icecream
2,112 Posts
Would these 5 SMD LED for example be ok, or do they need to be the canbus ones with resistors? I thought canbus were only needed for indicators right? I might get some and try them in the sidelights and numberplate lights to see how they look.

I need a couple of T5's for the climate control too, and I'm thinking these perhaps.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those are the ones I've bought for all around illumination. Mine are red. :)

And yes the Canbus ones I beleive are for the indicators.

·
Naz Ali
1,503 Posts
my dash is all blue leds on standard facia dials but the needles are really dim, isit different lights for the needles???

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No. The needles are illuminated the same as the dials. Hence why I chose red. :D

·
Registered
523 Posts
i went for blue, the pix are terrible though, taken during daylight, at night they are really deep blue and very bright......

got them from spreeled, not the cheapest but the full kit was ok value and came with fitting guide, great for me with no clue what im doing :D

my dash is all blue leds on standard facia dials but the needles are really dim, isit different lights for the needles???
If you notice my rev counter is duller than the others, this was replaced from another car so not much help but maybe there is a reason? dirty/from spec1 who knows.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Is there a full kit or a list of the bulb numbers and how many you need anywhere? I like the looks of the white ones. Like said above looks modern.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Anyone know how to do the AC controls too? Can't find the link.

·
Registered
523 Posts
in the spree led kit u get 2 bulb like these.....

sorry i cant remember what type they are and cant check but think it was something like T5 smd? you get them out the casing and insert into the original bulb holders, 2 on each side, then the kit came with a peice of GEL film that you place over the LCD display becuase that cant be changed. just a note, the blue ones i got are quite dull, apparantly red would be brighter, but you can cut the dimmer switch feed to it so it stays bright at night.

EDIT: ok he beat me too it, probly just aswell :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts