Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a couple of questions about me new motor ... please see attached pic ..

has the previous owner butchered the dash to get those 2 guages in as it looks to me like there's a little bit of trim missing just above the ashtray ? .. basically i'd like to relocate all three guages to a pod in the A pillar but am wondering has anyone done this ?? ( i've seen 2 guage pods but never 3) ..

Attachments

·
Banned
5,443 Posts
that looks like the gap where a double DIN radio used to be mate. Most imported GTS's i have seen have a small recess with a hinged door will post a pic of Busters later if you like.

They look a little on the large side to mount in standard size (60mm i think) A pillar thigies, but am sure Japsalon or someone will make special large ones if required.

Looks like there is a lot going on in there Steve, shame you only have two eyes eh.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah theres quite a bit to keep me amused :D ... not overly keen that i can't really see the speedo !!! ..

Police officer "do you know how fast you were going"

Me " no i've absolutley no idea .. i can't see the speedo"

:D

That would be cool if you could post a pic of Busters m8..

·
Banned
5,275 Posts
Steve, that looks like it just sits over the trim-no cutting

I've just acquired a 3 gauge "din" sized plate in Carbon(mmm), the wife got it me for crimbo-ahh bless
This will fit in one radio slot

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like there would be some trim missing if you took the gauges out mate.

If you do get a pillar pod cant you buy 2 doubles & cut 1 in half to make a triple?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for all this gents .. 3 singles sounds like the way to go i think ..

maybe i can move the boost controller into where the guages where as i've seen this done on quite a few other cars , should help tidy it up a little more as well..

aha where did you get the carbon blanking plate please m8 ?

car arrives in the country on 7th jan so not too long before i get my paws on it !!

·
Sil80 Driver
2,313 Posts
Steve, I assume these are pictures taken at the dock in Japan? Chances are for SVA that guage in front of the speedo will have to be moved so (as you said) you can actually see the speedo. They are also going to have to cut a hole for the fog light switch somewhere as it looks like the blanking plate in the dash has already been used for something.

Pete

1 - 12 of 12 Posts