Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Just another brick in the wall
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys done a search for this and havn't found anything.
Does any one know a good place to test the db of your car or a good acurate db meter that doesn't break the bank.
When a track test the volume where do they take it from?

·
REGISTERED RB26 ABUSER
231 Posts
pretty sure they hold it a metre away and at a 45 degres angle.....gotta get mine tested.i,m sure its too loud for most tracks.i,m gonna be gutted if she is over cos she sounds real good

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Db is tested a metre from your exhaust at a 45 degree angle and you are ment to hold the revs at half your maximum rev limit.

They are easy to buy from ebay i believe but a few people do have em like the others have said!!:bigthumb:
It's 2/3rds maximum revs Mikey. :bigthumb:

Maplins sell db meters for under £20.

I still got black flagged at Castle Combe with a Japspeed silenced de-cat fitted so they're not always the answer.

·
Administrator
25,973 Posts
It's 2/3rds maximum revs Mikey. :bigthumb:

Maplins sell db meters for under £20.

I still got black flagged at Castle Combe with a Japspeed silenced de-cat fitted so they're not always the answer.
in germany with keiths white 33 he convinced the marshalls at the ring that his car made full power at 3000 rpm to they tested his at that :funny:

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Oh an dany local track will normally test your car for FREE, although I do have a tester if anyone needs it doing and take it to most shows with me.

·
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks for all the replies guys. I have a straight through de-catted system and no silencer boxes. I think i'm gonna be lucky to get under the 105db limit. Funny thing is though holding it at 5000rpm is nothing because as soon as i'm moving and the screamer pipe kicks in when the turbos going it's gonna be totally differant.
I might pick up one of those maplins ones for a laugh if they're under £20.

·
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
On the Iphone???? That's mad lol. I'm getting everything fixed from the accident this week and at the same time the turbo's coming off to go to RSP for a re-build so it'll probably be after xmas at this rate. By the time i've finished what i've got planned I should have about 360bhp so am thinking again about tracking it, but I love having a rudely loud car so don't wanna silence it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts