Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guy's

Has any1 ever fitted a de-cat pipe that had been painted inside? I have just fitted one last week along with an exhaust and have noticed since i have fitted it i have been getting a blue/black smoke from exhaust when i pull up to a stand still

Just hope it's the paint burning off

Has any1 got any ideas?

·
Registered
144 Posts
DeCat

Mine was painted inside and out and it did smoke a bit at first.

If you motor wasnt smoking before you fitted it than its probably just burning off.

I suggest a good thrashing and get some flame outs to burn all that nasty paint off:D :D

Si

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you car starts to put out smoke it's hard to bring yourself to thrash it!!!

Found out it's the oil seals in the Turbo starting to go! best not ot thrash it too much

Any1 recomend some where to get it re-built, i rang a few local places today, 1 asked if a Skyline was a bike or a car???? (don't think i will use them) and the rest didn't know what turbos they use so didn't give me a price.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Scoobster

Definitely think you should ignore my previous advice mate:)

When I fitted my de cat it smoked and smelt like it was on fire and with a bit of use it cleared up.

I used to be into 2 stroke bikes and am used to being followed round by clouds of oily smoke and it seemed that the more revs you gave it the less smoke. Not advice to be used on Skylines though:) :) :)

Hope you get it sorted.

Si

1 - 7 of 7 Posts