Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told that as well as the obvious cat which resides in the centre of my exhaust system, there is also a cat within the down pipes.

Firstly, is that true?

If so, will putting on the central cat for te MOT be sufficient to pass it?

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Who tells you these things ?
There is no cat in the down pipe, unless one has sneaked in to get warm or saw a mouse in your engine bay.
Get some stainless steel bolts for your one and only de-cat pipe and come MOT time changing it over is easy

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A bloke I met with a GTR advised me that before he put on his exhaust he had 3 cats. 2 in his downpipes and the central one.

SS bolts. Is this so they don't rust and come out easier?

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
News to me about the cats, I have been known to be wrong tho, just ask the wife !
SS bolts are for the non rust thing yes.

Some one tell me that GTR's dont have three cats please !
My GTS only had one, it now spends 364 days a year resting in my shed.

The downpipe was replaced for a big bore job and the old un certainly did not have a cat in it, just soot.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and so I can deduce that it passes it's MOT with the standard cat. Which is really what I wanted to know.

Maybe I should have asked that in the first place?

Cool! cheers Buster

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Thats right mate no problem, MOT man even changes em about for me.
Stick the standard size front number plate on with blu tac before I go on the ramp and job done.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
to be honest, it doesn't make a huge difference to feel of my car either way, the marginal difference in back pressure will affect spool up times slightly but thats really about it.

Paul

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Lankys car is a facelift one, so perhaps it does have two cats? Like the S14 and S14a 200SX the older S14 only has one in the exhaust whereas the S14a has another in the downpipe, get underneath and have a look mate...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts