Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Hello
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty miffed at the moment.

I had an original Xbox360 (white, 17gb) which worked without issues for 6 years. A few months back the CD tray stopped working completely and I decided to upgrade to a new unit. To be fair I was getting bored of the noise and the limitations of the HDD.

Anyway, a few months ago I got the newer black "S" console with 250gb HDD and it makes an amazing difference in that it's just so quiet. However I'm fuming at the moment because the b*****d thing has packed in! It began crashing recently and now has a constant red light on the power button.

I consulted all the technical forums and they all agree it's a terminal issue - so yesterday I sent it off to the repair centre (under warranty) in the Czech Republic.... yeah, I'll see it back in about 3 weeks if I'm lucky!

I must sound like such a geek but when you play it for an hour every night it's amazing how much you miss it!!!

·
Reborn!
2,028 Posts
I bought my son the new 1 with kinect etc for part off his xmas, he hasnt touched it and i play it twice a month if im lucky and the damn thing wont read any discs off any kind.

Worst thing is the wife being the wife has thrown the receipt out, i do have it in my bank statement but it doesnt identify what the item is, will they still accept it as proof of purchase for a warranty repair?

·
Hello
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No just go online to Xbox and create an account, then you can register the product as yours by entering the serial number on the back. They'll then be able to confirm if it's still under warranty

·
Reborn!
2,028 Posts
cool ill do that when i get home, just checked my statement again i only bought it on the 8th november.

Dont think id buy another if they fail so quickly :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts