Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fitted decat and all in one downpipe aftermarket gauge showin 0.6bar peak boost but no flames cummin outta custom exhuast is this normal???? its a r33gtst:confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
japtastic i goit 3inch elbow/downpipe in one 3inch decat an think the exhuast decat back is 2.5inch is this why no flames? also the exhuast i had fitted with silencer so it dont sound stupidly loud.

·
Lick me - i'm chocolate!!
1,767 Posts
Oh yes, the whole exhaust system should be producing flames. In fact, you should definitely sell the car if it's not shooting fire. The car is obviously a dud.

If it's that important, buy a flamer kit and be a chav.
or just set fire to it........Flamage:devil::devil::devil:

·
Backyard Mechanic
1,656 Posts
japtastic i goit 3inch elbow/downpipe in one 3inch decat an think the exhuast decat back is 2.5inch is this why no flames? also the exhuast i had fitted with silencer so it dont sound stupidly loud.
Get rid of that silencer buddy and you will be shooting flames like there is no tomorrow, you can invoke them as well with a little blip of the throttle after boost, try it through a dark / unlit tunnell or a mate behind you :) Good luck

·
Registered
257 Posts
I also have a 2.5 inch with 3 silencers. Mine throws some huge flames but only after serious driving when the exhaust is nice and hot. I have had my whole exhaust front to back glowing. I dont think its the exhaust stopping you.

·
Anglian Area Rep
4,562 Posts
agreed. although mine is of monstrous bore it has silencers fitted and still spits 2 foot of blue flamage with an orange tip to it! :boogy:

·
Registered
735 Posts
If the lambda sensor is diconnected then the ecu will run the engine rich all the time and may end up with flames out the exhaust. But do it at your own risk, you have been warned.

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
for flames you need straight through exhaust system and overfueling (lift up boost, disconnect lambda, run richer by adding fuel through safc2 i.e.). also a blo off valve might help you with this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts